-Chapter 2-

Tony and I spend the rest of his time off setting up my place in New York. It's a really next penthouse suite in a very nice apartment building. But just as we were finishing up my room his phone rings.

"Let me guess something needs the Avengers"? I ask while fluffing the comforter on my new bed.

"Yeah it does" He nods.

"Well go. They aren't going to wait forever" I say pushing him out the door.

Tony point of view

I walk into the briefing room and sit down next to Steve aka Capsicle.

"Your late" He whispers.

"Helping a friend move in" I say quietly.

"You have friends" Barton gasps.

I shoot him a questioning look.

"Oh I have friends" I sigh crossing my arms over my chest.

Thankfully the brief starts before Barton and I could start something.

An hour later we are suited up and ready to go off on some catch the bad guys mission. After a quick text to Mia I'm in Iron man mode.

"Who were you texting"? Steve asks putting his sheild on his back.

I sigh for whatever reason they've been asking more questions about who I call on the phone or like right now who I've been texting. It makes me nervous since I have kept Mia a secret to keep her safe and to keep the eyes of the world off her unique powers.

"Why does everyone suddenly need to know who I'm talking too"? I ask lifting the face plate.

"Its odd for you to seem so distracted" Bruce adds from his computer console.

"For all you guys know it's Pepper" I counter dropping the face plate again.

"Its not Pepper. Man you text when she's in the room" Barton says messing with his bow.

"Boys leave him alone, who he talks to is really none of your business" Natasha says.

"Thank you Nat" I nod.

The jet lands in the woods of Alaska. We walk off the ramp as it happens there is an AIM testing site out here which Sheild wasn't too happy about so here we are.

"Do you have anything on your scanners"? Nat asks.

I look and there is heat signatures just up ahead.

"I got heat signatures just up ahead from us" I tell her.

"What do we got Jarvis"? I ask on the internal mike.

"Sir I'm finding a large reading of explosive chemicals in your vicinity. Chemicals are unstable" Jarvis reports.

"Guys that facility is full of unstable chemicals" I call out.

"Then we should be careful"? Thor asks.

"Yes, we should be extra careful" I say sternly.

Pepper point of view

So much paper work for this silly board meeting next week. It's been a couple days since Tony and the team left on that mission, Mia is doing alright considering New York is new to her. My phone starts buzzing on my desk.

"Hello"? I ask furiously typing on my computer.

"Is this Ms Potts"? A male voice asks.

This can't be good.

"Yes. May I ask who is calling" I ask hesitently.

"It's Clint Barton- Hawkeye. Tony got a  pretty nasty concussion and is at Sheild medical pending transfer to the tower" He explains.