Pain And Regret.

Not everything is as it seems.
-A

Flashback.

   Hajarah just graduated from college in Belgium. Being the kind of girl that loves love and gets envious of people who get lucky. Let's just say luck was hardly on her side. She is the type of girl who goes out frequently to meet up with cousins,neighbors or friends but hates making friends although she has plenty, a lot to give out. She was mummy's girl but daddy's least and it was obvious. She questioned things that didn't seem right to her and well her dad lives off doing bad things, she knows that and so does her sister. Her mother sees other guys and that affected both her children. Halima got lucky enough to receive a scholarship in Burmingham and met the guy she married there but unfortunately for Hajarah she was always left with the scraps of life.

One day unintentionally she overheard her parents talking about their financial problems and it seemed critical, very critical. She didn't know the details but she didn't care they were going to be bankrupt.
She went to talk to her mum to see if there was anything she could do. But honestly what could a university graduate with no job and skill do at a time like that.

"Mama wallahi I will do anything. I don't want this for any of us". She says crying.
"Hajah you can't do anything for now but I'll talk to baba. Just keep praying".
She nods.

  But instead her dad got her engaged to Nasif. She heard the name, she cried, she begged and accepted the fact that her father wouldn't change his mind and wouldn't look for another way out, all that mattered was getting his money back, all of it.

So the date was set. And their hatred for each other begun.

PRESENT.

AWKWARD!!!!!

I want to die!

You won't blame me when you find out the story behind why I just freaked out.

Nasif's friends are here and we have to behave like a real couple.
So picture a scene were:

We are in a huge parlor, in our house.
Two of his friends sitting across us.
The other is sitting on a chair beside ours.
And we are seated together. My thighs touching his.
He puts his hand over my shoulder and is gently stroking or if you like caressing my arm in a sexy way:
His friends are busy enjoying my muffins and zobo and so is Nasif, he eats it all the time which means it's a go ahead for me to keep making them. Yes!

  "So how is marriage life?" Murtala asks.

"It's great" he says with a smirk. If I wasn't the wife I'd believe it.
"Of course" he looks at the refreshments "With this I'm sure it more than great" Musab says.

"What about you?" The guy on the single chair asks me.
"What's there not to love about being with the one person you love and care about?"
I internally pat myself for how believable I sound.

He looks at me unsure.
"Oh really?" He asks again.

"Yeah" I say back slightly irritated by how he kept staring at me.
Even after Musab continued blabbing I notice that guy still looking at me.

   "Excuse me" I say.
I get up and walk to the living room to let them talk.

I was watching keeping up with the kardashians when someone spoke behind me.

"Reality tv"

I stand up, startled by the hoarse voice behind me.
"What's with people and sneaking up on me" my eyes still focused on the tv. I think I have an idea who it might be. No actually I know who it is.