three

—matt's pov—

matt carefully placed the last branch into place, stepping away from his creation. he smiled and gazed upon his work. he'd managed to create a small, hut-like shelter that could easily fit two or three people. "done!" he announced, turning around where his two other companions were.

tord was sitting near the ocean while edd stood next to him. they talked in hushed voices; it was obvious they were trying to not let matt hear.

matt's smile faded into a small frown and felt a painful jolt in his chest. they're talking about me, aren't they? when edd turned around matt forced a smile onto his face and repeated, "i'm done."

"nice job." edd complemented, giving tord a glance and starting to walk towards the ginger.

"uh-huh." tord half-heartedly agreed, slowly getting up and limping over to the two.

"shouldn't we start finding tom?" matt questioned.

edd gazed over at the ocean, the sun slowly lowering over the horizon and painting the sky an array of oranges and pinks. "i think it's getting a little late. how about tomorrow morning?"

"the longer we take, the better. i can't stand his annoying f-" tord began.

edd smacked tord over the head and glared at him. "quit being rude. he's our friend, and you may not like it, but i don't care."

tord rolled his eyes, a heavy sigh leaving him. "alright. fine."

—time skip/tom's pov—

tom was awoken to the sound of faint voices and the occasional rustling of bushes or snapping of a twig. he sat up, hitting his head on the top of his shelter. cursing under his breath, he pulled himself out and gazed into the forest.

"quit whining about your feet! you're not the one with a fucking wound!"

"guys, stop, we have to-"

"yeah, well, you're mean! and you look like a werewolf!"

"what the hell kind of insult-!?"

the voices were distant but audible and familiar.

"am i hallucinating?" tom murmured, lifting a hand to his forehead disbelievingly. "edd? matt?" he called out into the forest.

they didn't seem to hear him as they continued to argue. tom walked towards it, lifting his arm to avoid colliding with a low-hanging branch. "edd? matt?" he called again, louder. "...tord?"

the voices stopped. suddenly, two of the voices cheered and the crunch of dirt beneath shoes became louder and faster. matt and edd appeared running towards the blue-clad male on a path, looks of delight on their faces. tord was trudging behind them, annoyed.

tom's dark eyes widened as he felt them suddenly fill with tears, laughing. edd was the first to reach him, tackling the male into the sand and hugging him tightly. matt followed behind quickly and threw himself on top of the two.

"we missed you so much!!" edd exclaimed.

"are you okay? what happened? how are you not dead? did you know the plane crashed? are you hurt?" matt bombarded him with questions.

"i'm okay, i'm okay!" tom smiled. he sat up, brushing off the sand. "where have you guys been?"

"setting up camp." tord replied after reaching the trio.

tom brought his gaze to view the communist, his expression almost immediately turning sour. "tord." he acknowledged, venom almost dripping off his tone. "glad to see you're okay." he stood up.

tord met his gaze with equal hatred, nodding once. "mhm."

"y- yeah, uh, tord actually got hurt when he landed," edd moved between the two after sensing the sudden change of mood. he laughed awkwardly. "but it's alright now. um, have you managed to eat?"

"actually, yeah, i managed to catch a fish last night." tom relaxed as he began his conversation with edd again. "have you?"

"yep! i woke up early and dried some seaweed, made it edible, y'know- all that jazz." edd smiled.

"it wasn't good." tord commented.

"but at least it was something!" matt chirped optimistically.

tom nodded and avoided looking at tord. "how about we start heading back to your guys' camp?"

"that's good. we should create a system for who hunts or cooks." edd agreed before holding both tom and matt's hands as he walked back the way they came. tord lingered behind them.

—time skip/tord's pov—

tord sat on a large rock that jutted out through the sand, gaze fixated on the ocean. the deep blue waves were calm today. they crept towards him before pulling back in fear, only to repeat the pattern. i wonder how the army is doing. he thought. who's leading it now? i hope it's paul or pat. those idiots better not disappoint me. he felt a small smile reach his face at the thought of his pilot friends. how long will i be stuck here? will something kill me?

tord's eyes flitted to the side. edd, tom and matt were all sitting together, trying to organize a system to keep them alive. occasionally they would laugh as one of them told a joke.

..will someone kill me?

he scoffed at the mere thought and let his gaze drift to the ocean again. yeah, right. like one of those losers can even get near me.

((my art^^i might occasionally draw a scene from a chapter but honestly i doubt it, this will probably be the only one uwusorry it sucksalso the ocean is supposed to be in front of tord, but my stupid ass forgot while i was drawing it heh))

((my art^^
i might occasionally draw a scene from a chapter but honestly i doubt it, this will probably be the only one uwu
sorry it sucks
also the ocean is supposed to be in front of tord, but my stupid ass forgot while i was drawing it heh))