ten (fight ending)

—edd's/tord's pov—

edd finally reached the top, gasping for breath and looking over his shoulder at tord.

"nowhere to go, edd." tord snarled, yet amusement shined in his eyes.

edd looked over the edge of the cliff, breath shaky. he looked at tord again and, in an act of panic, tackled him.

he shoved tord to the ground and threw a punch at his face, hearing the back of tord's head hit a rock.

"you fucking prick!" tord yelled, flailing his arms. he got a grip on edd's hoodie and pulled at it but to no avail. "jævla helvete!"

"you killed my friends!" edd shouted. he blinked away the tears that blurred his vision and punched tord's neck this time. "i hate you!!"

tord eventually summoned the strength to shove edd off of him; the brunette fell to the side, precariously close to the edge of the cliff.

edd scrambled to his feet and faced tord who had also had time to stand up.

"it's over for you," tord spat out a tooth and grimaced. "you were always such a-"

before he could finish, edd grabbed tord by the hoodie and managed to pull him forward. tord stumbled forward and let out a shout of fear and surprise as the ground disappeared from under him.

at the last moment, he gripped the edge of the cliff, heart pounding. he looked up at the other male with wide eyes. edd glared down at him; there was no trace of mercy in those green eyes.

"edd, you- you don't have to do this." tord said with a nervous chuckle. he tried to put on a convincing charm despite the terrifying situation he was in. "please, edd-"

"shut the hell up." edd hissed. he raised his foot before bringing it back down quickly, stomping on tord's fingers. he did it again for his other hand.

tord screamed in pain and let go of the cliff, eyes wide as wind whipped past him. he reached up an arm for edd while plummeting towards the ocean.

edd glared at tord as he fell, fists clenched.

it was a good thing they used to be friends; this gave edd an advantage. what was the advantage? knowing most of tord's secrets- for example, edd knew that tord had never learned how to swim.

the end

wowza