Chapter 40

Note-No idea how good it feels to finally reach 40 i know it doen't seem like much but it has taken soooo long.

-1 Year Later-

We where going by ferry to somewhere I didn't know the name of, we where all going on a cruise and although I thought of getting to our destination by plane everyone else wanted to take the slow option that would take us a lot longer.

I was sat outside on the white plastic chairs watching Ryleigh, she was looking over the railing into the water, this would be our first proper holiday.

'Hey whats up', Riker asked sitting next to me as I watched Ryleigh, 'Nothing why?', I smiled at him slightly, 'no you just looked unhappy''Gee thanks', i replied and we giggled, 'Mummy, Daddy thre's a shark in the water', Ryleigh looked at us pointing, 'wow lets see', Riker rushed over to the railing where Ryleigh was, I followed slowly, 'Ry that's not a shark, that's a dolphin, dolphins are nice and wont eat you', Riker said tickling Ryleigh who laughed loudly, 'daddy get me', she said through the laughing.

Suddenly we heard a loud scream from the other side of the boat, me and Riker both looked at each other and ran, Riker picking Ryleigh up under his arm. It was Alex screaming, 'Alex what's wrong', Riker asked putting Ryleigh down and hugging Alex, she just pointed into the ocean, 'Mummy, why's Ryder down there', Ryleigh said pointing into the sea, 'oh crap, Ryleigh go and get Ross and Georgina and quick', I demanded as she scurried off quickly, 'it's OK Ryder I'll get you back up here', I yelled to him, he was just managing to keep his head above the water, I was just worried that he might go under the boat, 'Do you want me to jump in and get him', Riker asked still hugging Alex, 'Riker you can't swim, not in the ocean anyway, I've had practice, I'll go', I said looking at him and then down into the sea, 'are you sure?', he asked, i nodded at him and smiled climbing over the rail and sitting on it before making sure I wasn't going to jump on Ryder, then i jumped, I felt the chilled but not cold water hit me, I was pushed away from the boat slightly, 'Ryder come here', I said holding my hand out, he then swam over and i grabbed him, then I heard Ross yelling from above, 'Ryder are you okay', Ross yelled down at us in panic, 'yeah daddy I'm fine', Ryder yelled back, 'Go to the stairs', Ross said running down the boat to where the stairs where (I regret not getting in that way), I then swam with Ryder to the stairs and Ross helped him up, I started to feel dizzy, I needed to get out before I passed out, I started to climb the stairs when I felt dizzy, 'here Sara take my hand', Riker said sitting next to Ross who was checking his sons health, I then reached up to grab Riker's hand I touched his hand but I slipped out of his grasp and fell back into the water.

I woke up as Ross had just jumped in to grab me, he pulled me into his side and basically carried me to the stairs, 'Don't pass out this time', Ross chuckled, 'sorry' I smiled, I grabbed Riker's hand and he pulled me up, 'Sara why did you pass out', Riker smiled at me, 'because I'm supposed to know', I replied, 'you okay Ry', I looked at Ryder who was wrapped up in a towel being hugged by Georgina, 'yes thank you', He smiled at me, 'thanks Ross', I smiled at him, 'your welcome', he smiled at me, 'can we go inside, I want a muffin', I smiled at Riker and Ryleigh, 'Mummy can I have a muffin', Ryleigh asked, 'yeah sure', I took Ryleigh's hand as Riker wrapped his arm around my waist and pressed his head into my neck, 'I want to get dry first though', I said as we walked into the building, me, Ross and Ryder getting funny looks, 'but I like you wet', Riker smiled, 'rude', I giggled, 'I'll just get dry and then I'l get me a muffin, Riker get Ry a muffin', I said as he kissed my cheek and waled off with Ryleigh to the counter, then as I was about to walk off the radio started playing Loud, we all looked at each other, 'Daddy is this one of your songs', Alex asked Ross, 'um.. yeah', that's when Ross received a large crowd, Riker laughed glad he wasn't dealing with the large group of people, I then walked off to get a towel.