touch (smut)

this piece of writing has mature elements, read with discretion. 

For the first time in weeks, you feel at peace.

You're practically melded into Niall, laying in the hotel bed. You're resting comfortably against his chest, his arm wrapped around your waist as you snuggle into him-. Every so often he'll lift his big palm, caressing the skin of your arm and cupping the top of your shoulder. His legs are intertwined with yours, feet shifting here and there so his skin rubs against yours. He's got his other arm resting behind his head, propping it up against the stack of hotel pillows as you two watch the next item from your Netflix queue. Niall's chin is resting on top of your head and every few minutes he'll let out a sigh of pure relief, tucking his face into your hair. Your arm is wrapped around his tummy, squeezing him to your body. He's not wearing a shirt and there's something about being against his skin, warm and soft and comforting.

There's no words to describe how much you miss this when he's away. Just laying with him, being close. There's no comparison to being in his presence all alone, being able to feel his touch and hear the rumble of his laugh. It's impossible to characterize how at ease, how serene, how at home you feel with Niall. You know he loves his job, and you love him for that, but it doesn't make it any easier when you have to go weeks without seeing him. With the start of a new semester and his tour wrapping up it had been so hard.

But you'd been able to fly in for his birthday and surprise him the day before, staying up all night with him and the lads at the party Tara had planned for him. You'd never be able to forget the look of pure joy in his eyes when he'd walked into the dressing room to grab his water and seen you sitting in his chair. Since then, this is the only instance that you've had him all to yourself.

You tilt your head back, stretching a little and letting out a purr of contentment. Niall glances down at you with a lazy smile, petting the hair that's standing up at the back of your head as he presses his lips to your forehead. His scruff tickles your hairline and you let out a soft giggle in response.

"Tired?" Niall mumbles against your skin.

You reach up and press your hand against his cheek, keeping his face turned and tucked against you. "Mmmhm," you respond. Flying out on a late flight after going to class for a full day hadn't been the ideal situation but you couldn't afford to miss any classes this year.

"Should go to bed, darlin," Niall says. He tightens his arm around you, swinging the other one around as well so he can hug you to his chest. "Know you're about to fall asleep."

"Nooo," you whine, pushing your sock clad feet against his in protest. You wiggle around in his embrace and crane your head upwards to pepper kisses against his jawline. "I missed you."

Niall's heart warms at your words and he presses a hard kiss to your cheek, stopping your attack on his jaw. He rests his forehead against yours, "I missed ya too, baby. But you're exhausted. M'not going anywhere, yeah?" He brushes his nose against yours and your eyes flutter shut.

"Okay," you whisper, prepared to concede to the sleep that's washing over you.

Niall hums, unwrapping his arms around you to reach down and grabs the blanket, pulling it over you two. You're only wearing one of his shirts and a pair of socks while he's dressed in just his soccer shorts.

"Sit up for me for a second, love. Let me grab the light," Niall says. You lift up, watching him with a frumpled look as he reaches over to switch the lamp off. He fixes the pillows so his back won't start aching and then he opens his arms for you to settle in again.