Spooner of the Year (Fluff)

Niall's just walked the last of the guests out of his front door, locking it with a smile. He turns around and heads towards the kitchen, exhaling when he seems the remnants of a good party. There's empty cups, bottle, and snack plates littering the granite surfaces of his kitchen.

He's itching to get it cleared off and wipe the counters down before settling down for the night, but he's more keen on finding where you went off to first.

He pulls his phone out and sends a quick text to the few friends he sent home in Ubers because they'd gotten a little too drunk, after he's made sure they got home safely he sets his phone on the counter and walks towards the sliding glass door that leads to the expansive deck he had built out back.

The light blue water of the pool is illuminated by both the underwater lights in the structure and from the moon light that's shining down. The soft sound of water rippling is just barely audible as he steps outside and slides the door shut gently. The fire pit he had installed in the middle of the chairs is crackling away, painting your silhouette perfectly. Besides that though, the deck looks like the inside of the kitchen did, stray trash here and there, but Niall doesn't pay much attention to it when he spots you.

You're seated at the edge of one of the deck chairs, legs crossed and chin resting on your palm as you watch the fire burn. Niall walks up behind you, trying not to startle you as he sits down on the back part of the chair and scoots close to you. He rests his chin on your shoulder and presses a soft kiss to your cheek, "Why aren't ya sitting all the way back, darlin?"

You jump a bit but are soothed by the familiar rumble of his voice, leaning back against him a little. "Was waiting for you," you explain softly.

Niall hums and wraps his arms around you from behind, giving your waist a squeeze. He's quiet for a moment, admiring the night with you in his arms. "Was a good party, don't you think?"

When there's no response from you, Niall turns his head to look at you.

And suddenly you're turning around in his arms and pushing his shoulders back so he lands with a thud against the back of the deck chair. He looks up at your with a bewildered look as you turn and coordinate your limbs.

He recognizes the slow movement to them as you straddle him. His hands automatically fly up to grab at your hips, afraid you'll topple over. He holds onto them tightly as he peers up at you with knowing eyes. Your eyes are a bit glazed over and you've got a mischievous, yet sweet smile on your face. Your hair is soft and cascading down your shoulders as you press your hands into his chest and lean down a little.

Admittedly, you and Niall didn't spend every moment of the party at each other's sides. He'd mingled with the guests and so had you. So he hadn't been able to keep a super close eye on you, but it was obvious from your actions that you had had a few drinks yourself.

He reaches up to tuck a lock of hair behind your ear only for it to fall back into place a second later, "Are ya tipsy, love?" He doesn't need to ask but he likes to tease you a little when you let yourself get like this.

"No," you say, hiccuping a little. You've got this twinkle in your eyes that gives you away immediately, your fingers trailing up Niall's shirt and cupping his jaw. His stubble rubs against your skin.

Niall smiles at you as his hands begin to rub your hips, hands pushing the fabric of your shirt up so he can brush his warm fingers across your bare skin. "No?" He echoes in disbelief. "How many did ya have?"

You frown and are about to pull your hand away when Niall turns his cheek and presses his lips to the inside of your palm, making you keep it there. "A few..." you answer sheepishly.

"S'what I thought, love," Niall says softly. He continues to rub at your back as you lean down closer to him. He catches a waft of your shampoo and smiles, picking up both his hands to cup either side of your face. "Should we get ya to bed then?"

"Nooo," you whine immediately, shuffling closer so you're practically resting on him. He watches your eyes flutter as you stare at him, like you're trying to memorize every detail of him, though it's not far fetched to say you haven't already.

A soft exhale leaves your lips and then you're burying your face into Niall's neck. He wraps his arm around you and anchors you there, heart fluttering at your movement. He almost misses your words, if it wasn't for the way they vibrated off his skin he probably would have.

"You're sooo handsome, Niall. Do you know that?"

Niall smirks a bit and presses his face into your hair, "Yeah? Ya think so?"

You nod and pull away from him, balancing your hands against his chest and looking up at him with glazed eyes again. Your hair is bit messy from burrowing into him. "Mhm."

"Well thank you, darlin," Niall says softly, craning his neck up to press a gentle kiss to your cheek.

Your soft hair curtains both of your faces when you lean down to rest your forehead against his.

"Niall," your voice is so quiet in the night air. "Make love to me."

Niall's breath hitches at that and he fights the urge to chuckle a little in response, knowing that it'll just upset you. He pulls his forehead away from yours and kisses it softly instead, tightening his grip on your hips when you try to rub yourself down on him.

"I will tomorrow," he says quietly, hoping it'll calm you down. "All day, I promise."

"Why not now?" You whine quietly.

"Cause you've been drinking," Niall says. "Plus, I think judging from how cuddly ya are right now, you'll like it better if we snuggle."

"But..." you pout a bit and Niall swears he's never seen anything more endearing in his entire life. It's not often that you allow yourself to get a little tipsy so when it does happen, he likes to soak up all of antics. Usually it just involves you being a little clingy with him, but he doesn't mind.

"No poutin'," he says, brushing his thumb across your bottom lip. "C'mon, you know how good of a spoon I am."

You sigh and nod, slumping into him. Niall rests his chin on top of your head and wraps his arms tight around you, just holding you for a bit.

After a while he decides it's time to get you to bed before you fall asleep out here. So he coaxes you to wrap your legs around his waist and your arms around his neck before hoisting you up and inside.

Once he's got you into the bed in one of his shirts with a sleepy smile on your face, he cozies up behind you. Front to your back with his arm slung around your waist. He presses a soft kiss to your shoulder after turning the lamp off. Pushing a leg to rest between yours, he sighs as you settle into his arms.

Just when he thinks you've finally fallen asleep, your positively sleepy voice speaks up. "Don't forget about tomorrow, Ni. You promised all day."

Niall chuckles this time, squeezing you tight to him and peppering kisses along the back of your neck. "Don't worry, baby. I won't. Now get some rest for me. Got a big day tomorrow, don't we?"

Nights like this one are the reason that you don't even bat an eye when you read his answers in the Cosmo spread when it comes out. Because Niall always seems to know just exactly what you need, and that's what makes him the best boyfriend anyone could ever ask for.