Proud (Fluff!)

You're waiting for him patiently backstage at Ellen, a grin so wide on your face that your cheeks are starting to hurt. You can't help yourself, though, because you're just so damn proud of him.

You've watched him put his literal heart into every single one of these songs, and the entire process of making the album. He's worked so hard, and now the world can finally hear the songs that have been haunting you for months.

As you watch him recover from having a mini heart attack after the (admittedly poor) Harry look alike jumped out, you can't help but feel your heart grow even bigger. His eyes are lighting up brighter and brighter and he's so at ease.

You recall the (many) times he's caught you dancing to On the Loose and Slow Hands in the kitchen, or while putting away laundry. The times where he's walked in on you studying away, headphones in and humming along absentmindedly to his songs. The times where you've blasted the album in the car, shouted the lyrics for the passenger side as loud as you could, while he shook his head and called you crazy, though the smile on his face always told you otherwise.

You're so caught up in your thoughts that you barely notice that the show is wrapping up, and that Niall is talking to Ellen, smiling at you over her shoulder.

You lean away from the wall you were resting against and smile at the crew that greets you as they walk by. Niall gives Ellen a hug and makes his way over to you, stopping one of the workers and telling them he'll sign autographs for fans in a few minutes.

"Hi baby," his voice is low as he comes closer to you, smiling brightly.

"Hi," you greet back, smiling up at him.

He slips his arms around your waist and tugs you towards him, "Looked like you were lost in deep thought there."

You laugh and press your hands against his chest, nodding, "I was."

He quirks a curious eyebrow at you, "What were ya thinking about?"

"You", you blurt out, laughing when his eyes widen and he grins. "Just, I am so proud of you Niall. You did it!" You squeeze the fabric of his shirt in your hands.

Niall's chest rumbles with laughter as he tugs you closer, pressing his lips in a fluttery kiss against your hairline. He doesn't say anything for a moment.

"Couldn't have done any of this without, ya know that? None of it," he says pulling away to look you in the eyes.

"Mm, don't think I had much to do with it," you mumble, pushing yourself up on your toes to pepper kisses against his jaw.

Niall laughs again, softly, and the sound is music to your ears.

"Niall? Sorry to steal you, but the fans..?"

The voice comes from somewhere to the left of you two and you step away from Niall after pressing one last kiss to his chin.

"M'sorry, love," he says, frowning at you.

You shake your head at him,"No, don't be. Go get them, Niall. I'll be here when you're done." You smile at him boldly, because you mean it. He's yours, yes, but he's theirs too and you don't mind sharing. Well, at least today.

He leans forward and cups your cheeks, pressing a quick but deep kiss to your mouth. "Love ya, angel."

x