Time Changes You just a Little

(This is a time, where Rapunzel has gone to follow the rocks, but Varian was never the Villian. A time of a normal 14 year old boy and his 14 year old best friend, you!)

(Y/n) walked happily from Corona, on her way to the newly built area of Old Corona, since the last village was mostly destroyed by those annoying black rocks. She was nothing much compared to the other girls, really hadn't hit anything to make her stand out. Her short hair (H/c) always pulled back in a low pony tail, really average looking. (mostly cause she hadn't hit the benefits of puberty yet)

She had a bag of baked good she loved to share with her best friend and his father. Upon entering the village she saw Varian working on a new invention that was hooked up to EVERY HOUSE? She was confused then sighed.

"Varian what are you doing?" she asked almost exhaustively. 

"(Y/n)! I thought about what you said, how my high pressure boilers! And how I shouldn't have used something a little more practical?" he said all hyper.

"Yes? like a water boiler that uses a gas, if I recall as my suggestion?" she thought back. "but that was a 6 months ago." she said and Varian laughed.

"You were right, I adjusted my formula mixture and tested out the invention for the last 6 months, and because there was no incident, dad said I could hook up my invention to the entire village and supply the village with hot running water!" he said excitedly. (Y/n) was surprised but happy none the less. 

"Really? So no incident? Explosion? nothing?" she asked happily adjusting the goods in her arms.

"None! Dad and I had not water for 6 months, I repeatedly check- up on the boiler and after presenting my dad with information and reasonable statements, he agreed." he said happily and (Y/n) smiled. 

"That's wonderful! I'm Happy for you Varian!" she said putting her basket down, only to pull out 2 raspberry and white chocolate scones she had picked up from Atillas bakery. "You deserve to share some of my Scones with your best friend!" she said happily. He laughed a bit, taking on scone from her. 

"Whats the occasion? You usually get your favorite scones when you have good new..or bad." he said cautiously. (Y/n) sighed. 

"Alright Var you caught me...but its sorta good new and bad news." she said nibbling her scone. 

"What is it?" he asked concerned, looking at her. (Y/n) made a face, sighing looking at him.

"Mom and me...are going to visit my uncle, her brother and his family for a while. Uncle Anthony...his wife died unexpectedly and he is distraught. With 3 kids...." she said trying to explain. Varian made a face.

"How long  are you going to be gone?" he asked. (Y/n) sighed, shrugging her shoulders.

"I wish I knew..." She said tearing a bit, causing Varian to quickly rushing to her, wiping her tears. "Mama did promise me that we will come back..." Varian smiled at this. 

"And I will be here, waiting for you." he said  smiling causing (Y/n) to cry hugging him.

(Time skip to the next morning)

(Y/n) and her Mother where now at docks at Corona. She sighed as a nice sailor helped pack the few things onto the ship. 

(Y/n) sighed only to hear a familiar Alchemist shout, causing her to turn to see Varian running over to them. He only stopped in front of the of them panting. Finally catching his breath, he dug in his pocket, pulling out a beautiful necklace with silver gem in the middle of the stand of beads. 

"(Y/n) I was saving this for you're birthday but....since you're not going to be here.  I wanted you to have this one and only (y/n)ium." he said smiling causing (Y/n) to look at the necklace and hugged him tight.  He smiled putting it around her neck. 

"I promise I'll write Varian, I'll write you everything." she smiled. Varian smiled in his gentle way.

"I  can't wait for you to come back. And I'll write too." he said and they both hugged one last time.

"(Y/n) we need to go." shouted her mom. (Y/n) looked at her mom then back at Varian, before letting go of him and running onto the awaiting ship. As they left port, Varian stood there watching the ship sail into the distance, even after a few hours past, enough time for Quirin to come down wondering what was taking Varian. Only to see him sitting on the edge of the dock staring off into distant waters, he hiccuped a bit, trying not to sob. Quirin moved grabbing Varians shoulder, causing him to look up at his dad. 

"Don't worry son. She'll come back, friendships like yours and (y/n) can't be broken because of distance." he said trying to comfort his son. Varian nodded, standing up and the proceeded back to old corona.

(MAWHAHAHAHAH! yeah there is going to be a part 2 :P)