Bitter Congratulations

_____________________________  

You open your mailbox, surprised to see a letter inside. Taking it out, you looked it over.

'From U.A.'

You held back a scream, U.A? The same school Izuku did the exam for? Hands shaking, you handed the letter to your mom who ran to Izuku stuttering about where it's from. You poked your head into the living room only to have a head of green hair run past you and into his room.

"Do you think he got in?" You ask, turning to your mom.

"I..I hope so." She says, holding her hands close to her chest.

  _____________________________  

You knocked on Izuku's door.

"Izu? You alright?" You ask, worried since he's been inside for a few minutes too long. You heard shuffling before to the door opened and got greeted with your brother's tear stained face. A flush of worry overtook you. "Did you-" You were cut off by a hug.

"I-I got in!"

That statement shot through you. He got in his dream school for christ sake but why did you feel so bad? Pushing the feeling away, you returned the hug with shaky hands.

"Im....proud of you Izu. You did it. Now," You pulled away, cupping your brother's face in your hands. "Go tell mom. She's been a nervous wreck."

"Right!" He said and went off to tell mom, leaving you in the hallway. A sad smile overtook your face. You were happy but now, you're on opposite sides. You could hear moms happy screams from the other room. With that, you walked to your room, positive that your mom will be congratulating Izu till tomorrow. Locking the door, you sat on the bed and put your hands over your face.

'Im a villain and he's a hero, well soon to be anyway, but... We'll fight each other one day and he'll be devastated. He might leave me to do hero training too...he also has a quirk since he told me how he knocked out the zero pointer in the entrance exam. Some super strength or something. Guess i am a total outcast huh?' You thought. you felt tears trying to leak out but you wiped them away.

"No..i have to be happy for him now, even if i have to fake it.." You murmured to yourself and took your hands away. "Fake it till you make it i guess."

  _____________________________  

You leaned against the wall, waiting for Izuku to put on his shoes so you two can walk to the train station together. Surprisingly, your schools were close together. Not on the same street but close enough that you two could walk together. 

Waving goodbye to your mom you started your trek to the station.

"So, you got in the hero department huh?" You ask, taking a glance at your brother.

"Yeah, I'm kinda excited to see everyone and their quirks." He replied, seeming out of it as he thought of him being in U.A. again.

"Try not to get in a fight with Kacchan, he attends there too now." You say. "It seems like fate has you two weaved together in their story." Izuku let out a small laugh at your comment.

"I don't really plan on fighting him...i still don't have control over my quirk anyway."

"Just don't break any bones if you do cause i'm going to break into U.A. and give you a talking if you do."

"Please don't do that.."

"I'm protective over you Izu!"

  _____________________________ 

You planted your face on your desk and looked out the window. Anything would be better than this. You had to admit though, the scenery was nice from your classroom. A loud slam of the door caught everyone's attention.

"Good morning class!" A woman with bright purple eyes said, a folder of papers in her hand.

"You're the retired singer, Miracle!" Someone from the back shouted, clearly recognizing her.

"Right you are! Now if everyone could take their seats i have a few things to go over." She said, a dazzling smile on her face as she walked up to the podium in the front. Everyone scrambled to their seats as she said that. "Now, as someone already mentioned, i am the singer Miracle but you'll call me Kosaka-Sensei. I'll be your homeroom teacher along with your singing instructor for the rest of the year. So, welcome to Muse Academy! You all got in for your talents in the arts, not necessarily your quirks. This school will test you on your performances, especially the festival we have every year. You might know this as the 'Love Live!' festival in which many famous idols, actors, artists etc. have participated in. That won't be for a few months so you don't need to worry about that as you all have time. I hope you all do your best this year or as our neighbor school would like to say 'Plus Ultra!'." She let out a laugh as she took a glance as U.A.'s silhouette in the distance. "That's it for now, i'll give you all 10 minutes of homeroom till the lesson starts."

The class soon returned to their chatter, mostly about how cool they has Kosaka-Sensei as homeroom teacher. You simply went back to observing the class with a smile on your face, you couldn't really be mad about this. 

"Um..hello."

A quiet voice interrupted your observations. You turned around to be met with bright red eyes and brown hair. His hair was disheveled yet it was cute. Two red pins pinned back his bangs to the side. 

"Hi?" You say, confused.

"I couldn't help but see that you're reading Toradora. Do you like it?" He asked, pointing at the manga on your desk.

"Hm? oh yeah, i've only gotten to the third book but it's nice. " You looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "Have you read it?"

"Ah, no. I plan on to though, i gotta finish AOT first. My sister took away my money for manga until i finish the series till the latest update." He said, giving out a chuckle. "I haven't introduced myself yet! I'm sorry." He gave a small head bow. "I'm Kaneki Haruka." You smiled at his antics.

"Midoriya (y/n), pleasure to meet you."

You felt like it was going to be a great year.

❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆

End of chapter five

Mistakes? Comment and I'll correct it.

I ain't dead....yet lmao. Sorry i haven't been updating a lot, Honor classes are eating my a s s. 

(Points to those who got the references in this chap. °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°)

Bonus!:

'I wonder what Izu is doing right now' you thought as you scribbled down the notes from music theory.

Meanwhile....

"Ack!" 

Izuku face planted in the sand while trying to do the standing long jump. This poor boy needed help.

  ❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆