The beginning of hate

_____________________  

Ever wonder what's it's like to be quirkless?

Well it feels like hell, that's for sure. Your brother may see it differently and you're not ready to rain on his parade. 

_____________________   

You leaned back into your chair, tired with school already. All you wanted to do was to go home and play a game with Izuku. You tried to drown out the voice of your classmates screaming on how they'll be heroes, you highly doubted that any of them would follow through. Your thoughts got interrupted when Kacchan started to threaten your brother.

"You seriously think you can be in the same ring as me Deku? You're quirkless!"

That stung. Your brother was already stuttering trying to explain himself, hitting his head against the back wall.

"N-no Kacchan. I never meant to compete with you, honestly! It's always b-been my dream to be a hero...so..." He explained, hoping to calm Kacchan down. "I could probably get in if i tried.."

"So you're going to take the entrance exam for fun?!" Kacchan shouted, his quirk already exploding at his fingertips.

"Oi" You stood up from your desk and stared Kacchan in the eyes. " I would appreciate if you didn't threaten my brother, Kacchan." Your tone was laced with honey. 

"I don't suppose you're going to U.A too? You're just another quirkless extra." He said, glaring daggers at you. The words stung once again but you refused to show emotion on that. 

"I'm not but that doesn't allow you to tease my brother about going there." you replied, remaining eye contact. The tension between the both of you was thick, someone could cut it with a knife. Your teacher ended the tension after a few moments, not wanting this to go any further. You could only roll your eyes and took your seat before tuning out again.

  _____________________  

"Do you think i can grab an ice cream when we walk home Izuku?" You ask, sitting on one of the desks while Izuku was packing up.

"(y/n), do you even have money for it? You kinda spent a lot last time we went out...." He says, doubting your ability to save money.

"Are you doubting me? I'm great at saving money you know!" That's a total lie.

The classroom door slid open and Kacchan along with his companions walked in. The cheery mood you and Izuku had damped the moment they stepped in.

"What do you want?" you ask through your teeth. He simply ignored you and took Izuku's hero journal.

"Deku, you're serious about going to U.A. huh? You should just give it up like what your sister did." he said. You clamped your mouth shut, you didn't want to escalate the situation by saying some sarcastic remark. Kacchan then used his quirk on the journal, burning and charring it before throwing it out the window. You tried to catch it before it fell but it slipped through your hands and into the koi fish pond below.