Chapter 6 Blind date

A few days later, I am looking for some job offers, but still no finding anything it's not as easy as I thought but I am having fun with it. I haven't thought too much in the message and I haven't replied it yet. I think he has too many girls to care about so, my answer will not make any difference, he wouldn't talk to me anyway.

I check my phone to read again the message; I read it just once, then I get a text from Rydel inviting me to a party at night, I accept asking her if she can come to my house, so she can help get ready, because I don't know how to dress for a party, I mean I am not a party girl. Twenty minutes later she is my house.

-Hey, I am here to make you look fabulous, as I always do- she says with a smile in her face.

-Come in, please and make me look fabulous- I say joining the game, and walking to my room.

-So, you have a dress? Or something like that? - She asks looking into my closet.

-Yes, I have one. But I don't know if it will work, you tell me- I say taking out a black dress, a bit short with sleeves and open back.

-That is perfect, you only need the right shoes, oh those are gorgeous- she says pointing at my golden shoes that I love.

At eight o'clock I hear the door bell, my mom get it because I am still in the bathroom finishing my hair, it took me another five minutes to be satisfied with my look, I walk downstairs putting my phone in my purse but stop when I see Riker sitting in the living room talking to my mother. It is so weird but I don't really care about it. I look to my mom with a smile and she stands up with a huge smile.

-You look beautiful Bri, you haven't used that dress in years, it looks amazing in you- she says giving me a hug.

-Hello, Rydel is going with her date so she asked me to pick you up, if it doesn't bother you- he says with a blush in his face.

-Sure. No problem. Are we leaving now? - I say looking at him. He looks so fine in his tight jeans and leather jacket.

-Yes, my car is outside, party starts at nine but I have to pick u some other friends- he says as we start to walk to the door. I say goodbye to my mom and jump into Riker's car.

He opens the door for me. I follow him with my eyes until he gets into the car. He takes a few minutes to start the engine, I feel a bit nervous I don't know why but the smell of his perfume is making me shiver. -You look very pretty tonight- he says in a cold tune. -Thank you, you look good too- I say waiting for something else. The car starts moving; we don't talk too much until we get to the first house, where a tall guy is waiting for us. He gets into the car.

-Hey dude, thanks for picking me up- the boy says.

-Sure dude, no problem- he says looking at him.

-Hey, is this the girl? Hi, I'm Brian, nice to - he is interrupted by Riker.

-Shut up, dude- Riker says a bit angry.

-Oh, I am sorry, I thought that, you know, ahh, forget it- he says leaning back.

-Do I miss something here? - I ask in concern.

-Nothing, he is crazy- Riker says looking only to the road.

We arrived to the party, I don't know any of these persons only Riker and his friend. I am looking for Rydel or any of the girls but I just can't see them. Then I feel someone grabbing my hand, I turned around and see Riker pulling me with his friends, introducing me as his date. I feel a bit anxious, because I don't know what is happening right now. I am now boring, looking around for a familiar face, but I can't find one. A few minutes later, Riker grabs my hand pulling me into the dance floor.

I start moving, I am not the best dancer but I know how to do it. We danced a few songs until a slow beat begins, I look at him a bit unsure of what to do, he pulls his arm around my hip and pulls me in, I put my hand over his shoulder and the other one grabbing his. I feel my face burn as I smell his perfume, my heart starts pumping so hard when he looks at me straight in the eyes, I feel the touch of his warm hand in my back, I can't hear the music anymore, I am lost in his eyes. He starts getting closer, heart beating faster, hands shaking so hard, I try to give in but then I hear the music change again, I turn around to see what is happening, the moment is now gone.

At midnight, we walk to Riker's car, he opens the door for me, a few other friends get into the car, I hear them laughing and screaming but I can't understand what they say. I am just thinking of that moment, his eyes, his perfume. I close my eyes to go back to that moment, I turn around to see Riker, he seems normal. He is joking and singing with them. I start wondering if that was just a dream.

We stop in the last house. Now we are alone. He is now serious, like when he picked me up at my house. Maybe what just happened was a mistake. I start thinking that maybe I shouldn't come to the party. Oh boy, I feel so ridiculous right now. We are now in front of my house, I unlocked my seatbelt, and I say thanks without looking at him. I open the door and get off the car.

I start walking to my house, small steps, I don't know what I was expecting but nothing happened, I reach the door and turn around. I see the car still there. Riker's looking the wheel grabbing it with both hands. I go inside and walk to my room. I put my pajamas and take all the makeup of my face. A few minutes later I am lying in my bed. My phone rings, I check and it's from Riker. -I am so sorry, I shouldn't do that in first place-.