Chapter 5 A message

-Next month, we’ll visit you. I promise- I say giving my brother a big hug in the airport.

-You guys better do it - he says as he walks to the gate. Mom and I say good bye with sad eyes, I don’t know why we don’t go with him instead of moving here, but I like the fact that mom is closer to her family and I am so happy that I don’t have to wear sweaters all the time.

Back in home I start to feel a bit lonely so I tell mom we should have dinner at grandma’s house, she agreed and offered to call her, after a few minutes mom comes into my room with a big smile on her face, saying that instead of that all the family is coming to our house in less than an hour.

-You should invite Rydel, I like her, she’s cute- mom says

-I know, I haven’t see her in a while, I was so distracted with Louis that I didn’t call her after her show-

 -You should go to her house, invite her and her family, we have been here for 3 weeks and still don’t talk to her mother, so it will be a nice chance- she says as she walk out of my room.

I knock on the white door 3 times before it gets open, I see Ross. -Hey, come in, Rydel is upstairs- he says as I walk into the house, I go to her room and find the door open, I smile to her and find out that her friends are there too.

-hey, haven’t see you in a while, where have you been- she asks

-I am sorry, my brother came to town and I was so distracted by him, we went to see your show by the way, it was amazing- I say a little excited just like a fan

-Thanks, I’m glad you liked it- she says giving me a hug

-hey listen, my family is coming over in an hour or less, we are having a little party, and mom send to invite you and your family, you guys are invited too, since we are friends, I think- I say a little nervous of their answer.

-Of course we are friends, and we would love to go- Alexa says in a very expressive way, almost screaming.

-Thanks, I will see you guys in my house then- I say and walked out of the room.

In my way to the door, I remember my previous experience with Riker, and suddenly he appears in the door, oh God, should I say something, I mean he apologized, the right thing to do is say hi to him, I think to myself.

-Hi- I say a bit shy, trying to get an answer, I hear nothing and walk out the house, what did just happen, I think a bit offended but not caring too much, and return to my house to help mom for the party. An hour later we are in the backyard waiting for my uncles to light up a fire, while my cousins and I wait plying in the pool, and mom, grandma and my aunts prepare the rest of the food. I was so excited that I didn’t hear the door bell, it was only when someone jump into the pool that I saw Rydel’s family. I run to her showing the purple bikini that she gave me a while ago.

-You look amazing, better than me in that color- she says in a nice way.

-Come to the pool guys, food isn’t ready yet so we have to wait- I say grabbing her hands and pulling them next to the water as I introduced them my family.

We spend a little time together, until food is ready, then we go inside the kitchen and start eating, then I lead them to my room, so they can see my big collection of books that I am so proud of. Then we go back to the pool and I see my mom and her mom talking like good friends, my cousins playing with her brothers, and we smile to each other, we jump into the pool and start playing with them, we start fighting to each other, pushing us into water, then I feel someone grabbing my hand, I don’t pay attention to it and keep playing.

After a few hours of fun, everyone is saying goodbye; everything begins to feel so lonely so I ask my mom if the girls can stay over. She agreed, and I run to the back door where my friends are and tell them the good news. –Yeah sure, just let me go get some clothes, ok? - Rydel says holding a towel, the rest of them agreed too.

I help mom cleaning the house while the girls return to the house, we finish it in less than 20 minutes and I go upstairs to get a bath before they return. Once I finish I walked downstairs in my pajamas, telling mom is her turn to get a bath, as she walked upstairs I grab my phone and start checking my messages, first my brother, then my friend from Paris, and then a number I don’t know, I open the message in doubt, -Thanks for having me, Riker-, I stare at my phone a bit angry, I mean he doesn’t want to talk to me but he text me instead, what a weird guy, I am about to answer when I hear the door bell. They are here.

Next morning, we are in the kitchen eating pancakes, mom specialty, we watch TV and then go upstairs to clean up our mess,  as soon as we finish, we start getting ready for the day, I don’t use make up so they offer to do it for me, I sit in the chair hopping it ends fast.

-You’re very pretty; you should do it more often- Sav says

-Thanks but I don’t know what to buy, that’s why I have no makeup materials- I tell them in a sarcastic way, making them laugh.

-That’s a good excuse for going shopping, can we go, please- Alexa says in a baby voice making me laugh.

-Sure, I need all the help you can give me- I say a bit shy.

We finish doing our hair and makeup and walked out the door to Rydel’s car, we jump into it and headed to the mall.