[Chapter 6] We Don't Bite

Start from the beginning

"I haven't been here in so long, Cass..." Carter commented as she looked out the cab window at the streets we used to walk down when we were younger.

"I was thinking while we're here, maybe you could visit your dad," I blurted out. Her head jerked in my direction as if I just suggested we commit murder. "What? You haven't seen him since we moved to San Francisco, Carter. I think it's about time you pay him a visit."

She sighed and looked back out the window, murmuring, "I'll think about it."

I rolled my eyes and looked out my window.

Shortly after, we arrived at my house. It wasn't too big of a house, mostly because we were in a crowded neighborhood where the houses were slim and about twenty feet apart. There wasn't space for a backyard and there wasn't space to park a car in the driveway. So I was surprised to see Fall Out Boy's tour bus in our driveway. We paid the taxi driver, got out, and got our bags from the back.

Carter and I walked up to the front door and rang the doorbell. It forgot how chilly it got here and I was actually shivering as I waited for the front door to open.

"Why is there a tour bus for Fall Out Boy in your driveway?" Carter asked.

I gave her a weird look and was about to answer her when the door swung open.

"Patrick!" I exclaimed as we pulled each other into a hug.

That's when I heard a thud behind me. I turned around and saw Carter lying on the porch, unconscious.

"Is she going to be okay?" Patrick asked me.

"Yeah, she should be," I answered, staring at her, worried she might not be.

"Cassidy!" I heard Pete's familiar voice shout from behind me. I spun around and was attacked with a group hug by the band members. My brother even joined in. The four of them squeezed me tightly. They all stepped back and smiled at me.

"Look, Andy, she's all grown up," Joe commented, fake sniffling and wiping a tear that didn't exist away.

"We saw her a year ago, Joe," Andy reminded him.

That's when I heard Carter come to. I turned back around and saw her back on her feet. She looked behind me and her eyes widened.

"Don't pass out!" I exclaimed, sticking my hands out. She made eye contact with me and relaxed, but only a little. "Are you good?"

She straightened the front of her jacket, "Yeah," She said so quietly I was surprised I caught it.

"Then come on in," I said, stepping back along with everyone else.

"Yeah," Pete added, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and pulling me close to him, "We don't bite..." Pete leaned in and opened his jaw as if he was going to bite my neck like a vampire. I laughed and pushed him away. My brother glared at Pete. Out of all of the Fall Out Boy members, besides my own brother, I think I'm most like a younger sister to Pete. I don't think Patrick likes how close we are either.

Carter hesitated before stepping through the front door. She was super shy around people she didn't know. (Even if she'd been to my house before when they've been over. Then again we never really were with them when they were here...)

"Is that my Cassie-poo I hear?" My mom's voice emanated from the kitchen. I smacked my forehead - I hated that nickname, and I've had it since I could remember. But it's not as embarrassing as Patty Cake's...I mean, Patrick's.

The next I know, my mom appeared in the threshold and ran up to me, pulling me into a tight hug. Possibly one tighter than the one from the band. She pulled out of the hug and gave me a big kiss on the cheek, "Oh my god, I missed you so much, honey! Look at you," She picked up pieces of my hair, "Blonde hair..."

"I've always had blonde hair, mom..."

"It used to be darker though..." She commented, letting go of my hair and sighing, "Anyways, it's great to have you back home, Cass. It's great to have all of you here." She grinned and looked at everyone standing in the foyer. She gasped, "Is that Carter I see?"

"Yup, nice to see you again, Mrs. Stump," Carter replied.

My mom gave her the obligatory tight hug, big kiss on the cheek, and compliment something new though nothing really changed... Then she clapped her hands together and sang, "Lunch will be ready in ten minutes!" She turned to me, "Why don't you and Carter makes yourselves at home and come down when you're ready?"

I nodded my head in understanding and Carter and I made our way upstairs to my bedroom from when I was a teenager. Not much had changed, even after nearly five years. You still could barely see the dark purple walls, they were almost completely covered in boy band posters - N'Sync, New Kids On The Block, Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees...I'd say I had a taste for music like the typical teenage girl at the time. I had a few Fall Out Boy posters too. My queen bed was across from the window seat I had and my desk was still covered in clothes I probably could still fit in.

"I forgot how many posters you used to have," Carter said as she set her bag down on the ground.

"Yeah, me too," I threw my bag on the bed. I sat down next to it and sighed, "I like being home, though."

"I think you forgot something back at California..." She randomly stated.

"What?" I started to panic.

"You forgot tell me your brother was Patrick Stump from Fall Out Boy!!!" She yelled at me.

"I thought you knew!" I exclaimed, "I mean, my last name is Stump. I'm a musician and always credit my brother for inspiring me. How more obvious do you want me to get?"

"Well you should've told me that before I passed out in front of them...in front of Pete..." She moved over to my bed and sat down beside me, "Oh god, I'm so embarrassed. I passed out in front of Fall Out Boy..." She covered her face with her hands and lied back.

"I'm sure you're not the only one who's passed out in front of them. I've seen some..."

"That's not the point, Cass," She mumbled through her hands, "You don't get it. You're not like other girls. The guys of Fall Out Boy look at you like a younger sister. They don't care what you do." She lowered her hands and sat up, "Me, on the other hand? They probably look at me like...their younger sister's weird friend."

I laughed, not seeing why she was so upset, "They've seen you before, Carter..."

"Yeah, but I've never made myself look like a complete fool in front of the guy I've had a crush on since I first saw him before!" She cried, rising to her feet. I stared at her blankly. She shook her head, "Never mind. You'll never understand, Cass. Never..." She turned around and stormed out of my room.

I sighed and got to my feet, following her out, "You're overreacting!" I called out to her from the top of the staircase. She ignored me and went into the kitchen. "I'm sure you're not the only one!" Still I was ignored. I rolled my eyes and went down.