{E i g h t}

Song above- Camila Cabello // Real Friends

"I can't believe you would ditch us like that," Faye whispered sharply to Ayla, while looking out for the guards behind the bush they all hid in

"I can't believe you would ditch us like that," Faye whispered sharply to Ayla, while looking out for the guards behind the bush they all hid in. The sounds of distant sirens wailed in their ears like a constant buzz, and the sky was still blood red.

"I was just curious," Ayla murmured, ducking her head down to cover herself using the bush when one of the guards turned towards their direction.

"Curious about what it feels like to be at the verge of dying?" She hissed at her.

"How was I supposed to know that everyone here thinks I want to kill them?" Ayla hissed back, annoyed at her for trying to assert dominance over Ayla.

"Well, now you know it the hard way. Congratulations," Faye rolled her eyes. "News flash, they want you dead here." She faked excitement in her tone, and it was now it was Ayla's turn to roll her eyes.

"I wish I was at the moment," Ayla grumbled under her breath, and Faye growled a growl which was very not Faye-like. She looked like she was about to say something but stopped when a guard called up to where they were, "Hey, who's there?"

"Fabulous," Gareth rolled his eyes. Everyone seems to be rolling their eyes a lot here. "Now look what you did."

"Go. Create a distraction. They're guards and you were a guard too once. Go!" Faye instructed him, making his eyes widen. 

"This is your mess! Why should I be the one to fix it?" He hissed, but quickly jumped out of the bush when he heard the shuffling of the guard's feet towards them.

"Hey, man. Sorry it was just me. Fake alarm," Gareth chuckled nervously. Ayla peeped from one of the holes in the bush, and saw the guard squinting his eyes towards Gareth.

"Why were you in that bush in the first place?" The guard interrogated, and Gareth gulped.

"I uh...business?" He said but it sounded more like a question rather than a statement.

"You mean you were urinating?" The guard suggested, making Ayla's face scrunch in disgust.

"Yeah! Urinating, yes. That is exactly what I was doing. Better out than in I always say," He did a bad impression of the movie character 'Shrek,' and Ayla stifled a giggle. From beside her, she heard Faye gag slightly.

"Gross! Whatever. I'm done being on patrol here," The guard sighed, turning to walk away. When he was far out of sight, Gareth signaled them to come out.

"You are disgusting, and I am regretting my decision of bringing you with me," Faye gagged, and went forward with her wings fluttering a little more faster than they used to.

"You've seen Shrek?" Ayla asked and Gareth grinned. 

"We may have borrowed a few CD's from here and there," He scratched the nape of his neck.

"And a DVD player? And a remote? And a desktop to play it on? And wires?" She raised her eyebrows. Gareth's lack of reply and crimson cheeks made her grin. "Your secret's safe with me," Ayla winked at him, making him laugh.

"What can I say? It's boring here, and I'm a ninja," He grinned, "Well, with a sword." He pulled out his sword from the scabbard that was attached tightly to his belt. They laughed, but Ayla's eyes caught sight of a piece of paper that flew out with the sword. When Gareth walked forward, she picked it up and tucked it safely in her pocket, deciding to read it when she gets the chance to.

 When Gareth walked forward, she picked it up and tucked it safely in her pocket, deciding to read it when she gets the chance to

"Is the first part of the plan in process?" The orange lady asked the servant, picking on her perfectly manicured nails.

"Yes, ma'am." He bowed his head in respect. 

"Perfect," She smiled evilly and rekindled the blue flame to check the status of her daughter who was sound asleep with a fire burning on some logs beside her. 

"When will the plan be over, my lady?" The servant asked.

"Soon. Very soon."

Ayla fluttered her eyes open and rubbed them tiredly

Ayla fluttered her eyes open and rubbed them tiredly. Her first instinct was to panic when she saw that she was not in her room but in a forest surrounded by trees and curious small animals looking at her, but sighed when all the events came crashing down on her. She smiled widely when she looked up at the blue sky which was red a while ago. She had no idea how much she had slept but she was sure that it was more than six hours because she felt fresh. 

She sat up, cringing at how stiff her neck was, before she rolled her neck to get rid of all the sprains and yawned, straightening her back. Her throat was drier than the Sahara desert, and she recalled a stream of water she had seen on the way. Standing up, she rubbed her back, and started walking to where she believed was the stream.

She saw many mouthwatering food items along the way but, she wasn't ready for more of Faye's scoldings so she refrained herself, telling her grumbling stomach that Faye knows the best for her. Soon enough, she was standing at the edge of the stream and she skipped happily towards it. Crouching down, she collected some water in her hands and drank it, repeating the process two or three times. She splashed some of it on her face and arms to get rid of the dirt that was covering her. 

Looking at her reflection and cringing slightly, she decided to braid her hair. Slightly damping her hair to control it easily, she worked her fingers in her hair making two dutch braids that would surely keep the hair away from her face. She remembered having an extra rubber band in her pocket and as much as she hated using rubber bands in her hair, she merged both of her braids into one and used the rubber band to secure it.

She put her hand into her jeans pocket and felt the piece of paper that had flown out of Gareth's scabbard. Taking a deep breath, she took it out but kept it upside down.

It's an invasion of privacy. I should give it back to him, Ayla thought.

But don't you wanna know what it is? A voice in her head argued.

Frankly...no. 

Coward. Just read it. I'm sure it's nothing.

Taking another deep breath, she turned the paper over and her eyes skimmed over the words. Her eyes watered at what she read.

'Good job with the plan, Gareth. You're leading the human right into our trap.'

~*~