I Haven't Gone To School Yet But I Nearly Died Of A Heart Attack!

The princess's tears had set off a chain reaction in the manor; first, it was the guards and then it was the maids. Finally, mother and father all sitting there wide-eyed and looked at me like I am a monster. I wouldn't have been surprised if a butcher, a baker, and a candlestick maker also appeared to jeer. 

Well, I did give the child princess an existential crisis.

[ What do I do? ]

"Son? What has happened here, why is the princess crying?" My father said with frowned brows.

He stared at the princess first and then me. 

The stern look on his face gave me shivers. 

I looked around to see everyone with almost the same expression. 

I am done for. 

[Please don't frown like that, you will get wrinkles]

" I didn't mean to... " Before I could finish I was cut off by the bawling of the crying girl, her hair now dishevelled, her eyes puffy.

" Are you really gonna die Yuki? You can't die, ...hic...your father promised me that you would looked after me forever.. hic" The princess sniffled out through her tears.

The crowd's stares seemed to bore into my body. I went to touch the princess's shoulder, but I flinched back at the last second. 

There is a heavy silence in the air. 

[I am wearing clothes you know please don't try to look under my skin!] 

Cursing quietly to myself I looked at my father and straightened my back a little. This was probably like playing hard mode with just one life left. My chest felt heavy and sweat formed on my back.

It seemed even the insects are against me, they all seemed to have fled.

" Father... Mother...I..." I swallowed the rest of my words. 

" Everyone Leave! " said father in a stern voice. The guards and maids all looked at each other and scurried away as if there were spikes on the floor. 

[ I wish I could leave too ]

" What exactly did you tell the princess?" Father spoke while he looked at me with complex emotions, He seemed to want to be angry but was struggling. His voice was unbearably quiet. I felt slightly ashamed. 

" I told her the truth father, my heart isn't getting any better. How could I marry anyone? Let alone the princess. She should be happy and not stuck with someone who could die at the drop of a hat." I reply unable to looked into anyone's eyes. I dropped my head and stared at the ground. My face flushed red.

[ This is pretty embarrassing, but it may work! Come on father stop the engagement! ]

" This..." Father stated, I could feel his eyes stare at me deeper. I heard the sound of mother grabbing the princess and holding her as she would keep her own daughter. The princess seemed to have gone dead quiet. The smell of the water from the pond enters my nose, and the gentle sway of the flowers seemed to calm me a little. 

" For now let us calm down the princess, we can talk about this later" father responded after what seemed like a lifetime. I hold my breath and nod. Mother started carrying the princess away, and father followed behind her. 

" I am sorry, princess " I stated to their turned backs. The princess looked at me over mother's shoulder, it seemed her heart is breaking. Her eyes seem almost glazed over. I had really hurt her. 

[ She is very young, I am sure she will bounce back once she finds the male lead ]

I sighed, the cool breeze gently caressing my cheeks. The sun shone down, I closed my eyes and faced skyward. The red behind my eyelids kept the throbbing in my ears at bay.