Sketch of life

I woke up to the sound of rain hitting my window pane. I grinned. I love rainy days. I sat up and stretched my arms over my head. I slouched back down and rubbed my eyes free of the the crusty pieces. I stood up and popped my lower back and my knees. Now fully awake and functioning I walked over to my drawer and pulled out a pair of yoga pants and a pale blue tank top. After changing I walked down stairs to get food.

I walked into the kitchen to find a note lying on the counter. It was in my dad's handwriting.

"Hey Lise, I got called into the hospital early today for an emergency surgery. I'll be home late. You know what to do. Do great in the studio! Love, Dad."

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my bag of granola off the shelf in the pantry and walked back upstairs. I plopped down in my desk chair and opened up my touchscreen laptop to work on my latest project. It was a digital drawing of an abandoned park with one child sitting on the swings. I don't know what made me think of it but it felt right and I wanted to make it perfect. I worked on it for over 6 hours already. Not all in one go of course but it's still a lot of time on it and it still wasn't quite right yet. As most people would think, I am a perfectionist.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

After an hour or so, I glanced up at the clock. I sighed. I had two hours till I had to be at the studio. I thought about going to the store to get some supplies I ran out of. I grabbed my duffel bag and filled it with my gear for dance class and clothes to change into after as well as my sketch book and a few pencils. I grabbed my wallet and the cash on the counter that my father left me and headed out to my car.

Soon I arrived at the local arts and craft store that sold everything from fake flowers to music paper to paint. I walked and grinned. This was one of my favorite places to go.

I grabbed a basket and walked back to the colored pencils and paper section. I looked at the selection of sketch pads they had. It took my a few seconds to decide on a normal sketch book. I walked further down the aisle to the colored pencils and grabbed a new pack of the kind I usually got. I thought about anything else I might need. Maybe some new music paper? I thought about all the paper I had wasted the one day I tried to come up with a new song. Yes, I write my own music sometimes, and play piano. I do a lot of things people never thought I would do.

I walked to the music aisle and stopped cold in my tracks. A familiar figure stood looking at guitar picks and tuners. I thought about walking away but it was too late. He glanced up at me. Shocked at first but then a slight grin took over his face.

"You are just everywhere aren't you?" he chuckled.

"Why are you here?"

"Ummm shopping obviously."

"Oh....." I quickly grabbed the music paper and walked off.

"Hey wait!" Clark shouted. He jogged after me. "Hey um... Do you wanna go get a bite to eat before heading to the studio?"

"Ummmm....." I glanced up at him. His bright blue eyes staring into my hazel ones. His expression hopeful. He was rather handsome. "Sure I guess..."

He smiled. "Great!"

He and I checked out our items and headed to our cars.

"Follow me. I have a great place we can go to." He smiled. He got into his little Camry. I got into my car and followed him down the road to a small strip center. In that strip center was a little bakery cafe. we parked and greeted each other and walked in. As I entered the smell of fresh baked goodness hit me and made me smile.

"Wow." I said quietly. He chuckled lightly.

"You like?" He looked at my with a crooked smile.

"Actually yes. I do." I replied looking at the small cafe. My stomach growled in compliance with the delicious smells wafting through the little shop. We walked up to the little counter.