Chapter II

Percy

When I opened my eyes, I found myself in an entirely different environment then I was when I was hit by the dart. My whole body ached, mainly where I was actually hit by the dart.

Taking in my surroundings, I concluded that I was in a room. A small room, the walls painted a dark gray, and perfectly square. There was a door on the far wall and light streamed through the little rectangular slit. I tried to stand but immediately discovered that I was strapped down to the chair I was sitting in.

I furrowed my eyebrows. I thought back to that night, not knowing how long ago it had been. Demigods died because some James Everette showed up, wanting our power.

I froze. Our. Where is everyone else? What did he do with the rest of my camp? Just then the lock on the door clicked and the heavy metal door swung open. And there stood James Everette.

He sauntered into the room and pulled up a chair, settling down across from me.

"Alright, what's your name again? I can't seem to remember. You aren't my first interrogation of the night," he said.

I kept my mouth shut, not willing to talk. "Was it...was it Perry? Peter? Pietro? Something like that?"

I sighed. Here we got another Mr. D. Great. And by the looks of it, he was just as deranged and sadistic. Oh, and egotistical. We can't forget the ego.

"Listen, Perry," He said. I couldn't help it anymore. I hate it when people(Mr. D) muck up my name. "It's Percy," I mumbled.

"Listen Percy, two hours ago, I came into your camp and I took your campers. They're mine now, and I will use them how I like. But I need to know, are there any more of you?"

I forced a laugh, though I was screaming on the inside. "Of course there's more of us."

His features lit up. "Really?" He asked like an anxious child. "Well yeah, there's a whole country of us. We're called Americans."

He scowled, standing abruptly and shoving the chair to the ground. Now, I know what you're thinking. 'Percy, why aggravate him and be an asshole?' Well, my friends, I quite enjoy being an asshole. It's a hobby I intend to continue practicing for a very long time.

"Not that, you idiot. More demigods!" Everette shouted. I pretended to ponder the question again. "Well, I guess I have Greek roots. You could check there."

He leaned in menacingly. "There's no one left in Greece," he said. I scoffed. "Of course there is. Don't you watch the news?"

He went from a raging bull to a calm and collected person in about .3 seconds which unnerved me more than the blind anger. He kept proving to me over and over that he was a psychopath.

"Hey! Someone! Go get the girl! Now!" We waited in silence until one of the agents, Ross I think, came into the room, dragging Annabeth by her hair.

"Hey!" I yelled, straining against my bonds to get to Annabeth. Ross held her tightly around the waist as Everette stalked closer, admiring her like an exotic animal. He caressed her cheek and I growled, low and deep in my throat.

"Touch her, and I swear to the gods that I will kill you," I said as menacingly as I could muster.

"But I want you to talk though. That's-that's why she's here. To get you to talk."

Everette grabbed her hand and ran his thumb across her slender fingers. "If you don't start giving me answers, I'll start breaking fingers. Understood?"

Annabeth shot me a look, warning me not to say anything. My eyes widened as I tried to communicate with her that I couldn't let that man hurt her. She shook her head; she knew what was at stake if he broke me and I slipped something up about Camp Jupiter, where there were hundreds more Half-Bloods.

"Are there any more demigods out there?" Everette asked, slowly and mockingly, getting his point across. I didn't answer, staring hard at a point in the wall where the paint was chipped away.

Everette waited, eyeing me. He cleared his throat and I swallowed hard, waiting for the screams that were soon to come. He sighed and jerked his hand and I heard a sickening snap. Annabeth screamed. I shut my eyes tight.

"Perry, I really don't enjoy doing this. Oh, who am I kidding, of course I do! But I do know that you do not enjoy me doing this so I'm going to ask you again. Are there any more demigods out there?"

I caught Annabeth's eye briefly, and though tears swam in them, she managed to send the message that she was fine. I couldn't slip up.

When I didn't answer again, Everette studied Annabeth's left hand in his and examined her pointer finger that was already swelling and bent at an odd angle. He grabbed her middle finger in his hand and jerked in back, breaking that one as well.

Annabeth bit her lip hard and whimpered. Ross's grip tightened around her waist. "Pietro, don't make me ask again. I know that you know something and I need to know it now so tell me!" His face was red with anger and he didn't even wait for an answer before breaking her ring finger. That time she did scream again and I just couldn't take it anymore.

"San Fransisco! There's a camp in San Fransisco," I burst out. I will never forget the look Annabeth gave me. I knew deep down she didn't blame me, but the look was of disappointment. I guess she knew all along that I wouldn't have been able to withstand someone hurting her.

Annabeth had tears streaming down her cheeks that she furiously tried to wipe away with her uninjured hand. Ross roughly dragged her out the door and down the hall. Everette's smile was wide and victorious and I wanted nothing more in that moment then to slap it right off his face.

"Thank you Percy," he said, and left the room. They left me there for two days. All alone; in the dark.