Chapter 33 - The Next Step

Start bij het begin

"I think so too hehe... Sooo... Should we go and get some sleep now?" Tzuyu asked.

"I think it would be best." The two kissed each other softly on the lips before sinking into dreamland.

The next morning, Dahyun woke up in an empty bed with a note beside her. It was from Tzuyu and it read:

Had to go out, talk to Momo, can't wait to see you later :*

Dahyun mused: She's so thoughtful, oh wow! I can't wait to see her today. But she got up real early which only means she really is preparing something. Well, I better get to Momo and see what's going on.

Dahyun went to the kitchen first to see if all the members were there and she was right to think so. Everyone was there except for Momo and Tzuyu.

Well, I know Tzuyu is out somewhere, but where could Momo be? She pondered.

She entered her room to see her in bed.

"Hey Momo, are you okay?" Dahyun asked kindly.

"Oh yeah... Yeah... Just, resting my head."

"Have you been crying again?" Dahyun was concerned.

"Maybe." She spoke with her voice cracking a bit.

Dahyun then sat on her bed and started to rub Momo's back.

"I just want her... I feel so bad..." Momo sobbed.

"It's okay, you can cry, let it all out." Dahyun responded, but she also felt really hurt seeing her friend cry like this.

After a while, Momo stopped and was now just shaking, while Dahyun was trying to calm her down with a hug.

"Now... Now we can't even act like we're friends."

"Have you talked to her after you've confessed?"

"No. I didn't have the courage... She's... She's mostly ignoring me. She only talks to me when she absolutely needs to. And I know I should talk to her again, but... What is there to say? I like her, Dahyun."

"I... Yeah..." Dahyun didn't know what to add. "But... I still think you need to talk. You have to see what your relationship will be like - will it be a friendship or something else, right?"

"I guess. Well, yeah... I need to know where I stand." Momo replied.

"And I think you should solve that issue as soon as possible."

Momo wiped her tears away as she got up from her bed.

"You're right... I'm going to do it today." She said confidently.

"Yeah, that's the Momo I know!" Dahyun embraced her.

"But first, let's go eat some breakfast!" they both chuckled as they got out of the room.

They went to the kitchen where most of the members were, including Chaeyoung.

"Now's your chance." Dahyun whispered as she saw Chaeyoung sitting further away from the others. Dahyun gave Momo a wink to reassure her as Momo went to sit next to Chaeyoung.

Dahyun didn't want to eavesdrop, but she definitely heard Momo say "We need to talk today.".

Oh that's a relief! And Chaeyoung just nodded her head, that's great, they're going to talk today!

The day passed and soon came lunch so the group prepared a big meal for everyone to eat.

"Hey, I didn't see Tzuyu all morning." Jihyo stated.

"Yeah, where is she?" Jeongyeon added.

"She said she was going to town today, but she hasn't specified anything. She told me we would meet up later to hang out." Dahyun answered. The group continued with the preparing of the food.

But she didn't text me anything so far. Huh... I hope she will... And I hope she will tell me what to wear and everything else. I want our second date to be nicer than the first one. Dahyun mused.

As soon as they finished eating their lunch, without fault, Dahyun's phone buzzed. It was Tzuyu.

Hey! I just wanted to see if everything was going to work out the way I wanted it to so I had to check a couple of things. Anyway, dress lightly, it's a warm day outside :D Also, I hope you ate well and I can't wait to see you soon :) I will pick you up in front of the mansion in a cab in about an hour :*

Dahyun read that last part and her eyes widened. Shit! I really need to get ready then!

She ran to the bathroom to get ready for the big second date.