Granny's: Chapter 4

Today is Friday, the fourth day in our visit to Granny and we are going for evening service by 5pm to attend the fifth day in the one week youth program we have in our church, The Redeemed Christian church of God.
I see my family, that's my Dad, mami, myself and Kim as a shallow religious family, we are practicing applied Christianity, we are more of practical people than the type that believe that water can turn to wine especially my dad and I. But we believe in God's existence.
We have been attending the program on my insistence since on Monday when its started because I have a need, a troubling one at that from God. I pray everyday for the ever unity of my family. I go to church for my own benefit, call me whatever you may, I don't care as long as I get what I need from him.

"Sub bro."I greet Duke quickly while running into the Church, I am trying to avoid him today. Believe me that boy is a mind reader especially my own mind and very inquisitive. I am not sure how he does it but I don't appreciate it sometimes. Like times like this when I just want to concentrate on what I need God to do for me.

"Sis wait!" He said running to catch up with me. We just prefer referring to each other as bro and sis.

"What's up, something is wrong, tell me" he ordered when he caught up with me. Damn his speed, he will really make for a good naval officer.

"It's nothing to do with you" I admitted because you just can't hide anything from him.

"What's it then?"he insisted

"I don't want to talk about it now" I informed him

"Okay, I will be all ears if you change your mind" he said and I nodded

"I will put you in my prayers"he added as if he is better than me in that department. But I am grateful for his concern anyways.

"Thanks" I said

"No problem" he replied before the service started

Duke is my church member and crush, yes I have a crush. His family just relocated to Caly when I first met him here in the church. It was on a Sunday morning service that we met for the first time and before then I have been having signs on my right eye signalling a coming positive sight and when I saw him it immediately ceased.
He and Adi are the only few people that I had the same sign for before we met for the first time. Though in Adi's case, we met through her catching me when I was about falling in school, she is like a saving Angel whereas in his case he was staring at me and when I caught him staring, he gave me a life changing smile that made me like him instantly. I was too easy to be won over by him right, that's just me for those I chose to be.
He is ebony black with streaks of grey hair and light red lips, the grey hair is hereditary and I just love it on him, boy he is a beauty to behold. He is the true definition of black is beauty. A month older than me and very vibrant. He schools at Navy secondary school at somewhere here in Caly and plans to be a Naval personnel and I can't like him less.
I love navy, I am a lover of anything that has to do with wetness and cold, water precisely, that is why my best season is rainy season because I am always more alive in every sense of it then. My potentials are always in full gear then and I like to accomplish a lot then.

Adi didn't come to church today. I believe her step mum is responsible for that as she is almost like her life controller now. I hate that woman, I wish Adi would let me deal with her on her behalf. I would make that house inconvenient for her even as an outsider that I am. Don't underestimate me, I have some venom and vile in my blood saved for people like her.

"Have a nice weekend Sis." Duke said to me with a grin after church

"Same to you" I returned the favour while he waved as we drove off.