Granny's, First Week: Chapter 3

"Uyai talk to your dad, I don't want to talk with him now" Mami said handing her cell to me.

"Hi daddy" I greet. He is calling us after work at night today being our first day at Granny's. I miss him already eventhough it's not up to a day yet.

"We are missing you daddy!" Kim interrupted at the background and I decided to let him talk with him first knowing that my conversation with daddy will be lengthy as usual.

"Hello junior!" Daddy greeted

"How are you daddy?" He asks in his girlish voice.

"I'm good and you?"

"I'm me, grandma is cool as usual, Uyai is a little zit and I loath that about her, Mami is kind of moody, what did you do to her?" He questions without fear

"Mami is a tiger, tell her I love her okay "he replied

"Sure?" He asks

"Certain" he affirms

"Don't forget to get me my new Arsenal jersey you promised together with sharwamar and Pisa okay." He informs

"Fingers crossed" daddy says

"I love you dad!" He shouts enthusiastically

"Same here boy" daddy replies before handing the phone to me with a satisfactory face.

"Hi Beauty what's up?" Daddy asks and I decided against bothering him with my concerns and fears until we see face to face as he sounds a little stressed already. Our talk is on the positive side until the end of the call and I feel satisfied just like Kim. I think I must inform Granny about Mami's malice with Daddy.

It's been four days now in our visit to Granny and to be frank I don't feel very comfortable in this particular visit unlike the previous ones and I attribute it to my fears.

"Good evening Granny!" I greet my grandma while hugging her from behind when we returned from school on Friday. She was on her writing desk writing in her journal.

"Evening dearie, how was school today?" She asked with a smile

"Bothersome" I gave her my usual schooling perspective, I mean what with all that algebraic and logarithm in mathematics, I don't even want to talk about fossils in geography as if I will ever need them in my entire life.

"Believe me You will appreciate it in the future." She assured and I gave her my 'whatever' expression hoping that she won't get it. Don't mind me, that's just how silly I am sometimes.

"Can I see your journal?" I tested knowing that she won't permit me, I am not afraid to try anyways.

"Go and freshen up so that you can eat. You will see it later" she gave me her usual response while ushering me out of her room. Kim ran in and hugged her while greeting with a force that scared me for her sake, I hope this boy won't land this woman in the emergency room one of this days. I wonder where he was since we arrived, I bet in the kitchen bothering the chef. I swear that boy's bowel is big as a GP tank and he can close the family's account on food.

"Kim I refuse to go down, you can't bring me down" she said staggering

"Good evening mama, how are you?" He insisted without care of his almost knocking her down.

"Mama is fine and you?" She asked after regaining her balance.

"Apart from some boring lessons, school was fine because I get to be with my best friend Ette and play football with some friends during break time" he informed