Vision of Darkness

Start from the beginning

As she could go no further she opened herself to the Force and felt the cold of the darkside enter into her very soul. Her vision expanded as she could see in the darkness that had swallowed up the light. There at the very bottom of the Jedi Temple a beacon of light was a core of pure darkside. The foundation of the Jedi Temple rested on an ancient Dark Side Altar. It was unlike the feeling she had gotten on the surface of the planet. What she could see was that the altar masked the real threat against the very people that were intended to keep the darkness at bay. She was not strong enough to face this altar's power, and she fled from being so near. In a rush and a gasp she found herself back with her body. As her surroundings came back into focus, she found herself laying on the bunk she had claimed a few weeks ago.

"How long was I in a trance?" Eris watched as the other two opened their eyes.

"A few hours. We had to carry you back to the ship. There is a meal in the preserver for you."

"Went to the location of that restaurant that I had in mind and found a delightful diner. Had some interesting fare. Brought something back we knew you would like."

"Thank you, but I am not hungry at the moment." She took another step to the closest chair and nearly fell over it. Evan got up and steadied her allowing her to sit properly.

"I'll go warm it up. You will need to regain your strength."

"Why is there a Dark Side Altar at the base of the temple?" Evan placed a hand on his chin as he turned inward in thought. Bastila came back with a plate of food and the smells wakened the hunger inside of Eris.

"Long ago during one of the wars between the Sith and the Jedi the Temple was established on the former site of Sith power. All their shrines were destroyed with nothing remaining."

"Something remained I saw it. Large in the Force, but small in size."

"This could be the reason the planet is so dark?" Evan wondered and if so, the only way for the Jedi to open their eyes fully was to get rid of this taint.

"Evan what are you thinking?" He just smiled as he walked out of the room. Bastila got up to follow him, but he returned moments later with a box in his hands.

"Are you thinking what I think you are?" He pulled out several bundles of clothes and tossed two of the bundles, one to Bastila and the other to Eris.

"We are going on a hunt."

"A hunt?"

"Yes, below and near the Chamber of Conclave is the center of the temple complex. Hard to get to, but the oldest portion of the ancient temple grounds. I got away during a call to the conclave just before I went against the Jedi Council and fought the Mandelorians. I do not remember much more than that. Change and we will get our gear together."

They moved to their rooms and changed out of their normal clothing. Eris had never worn Jedi robes, and she had to keep her body glove on to reduce the uncomfortably rough fabric of the robes. When she looked in the screen at her image, she looked much like the Jedi they had passed earlier. She undid her hair and changed it to a more common style she had seen inside the temple as they had wandered.

Going into the hold area of the ship Evan was busy with packing three small bags with the supplies and equipment that they would need. From what Eris saw was enough for several days out in the wild. This confused her, but it might be needed with such a structure millennia old. They put their individual bags over their shoulders and left the ship behind. They paused only a short moment as Evan locked down the ship, and later at the kiosk that held the parking permit.

"We have three days before the pass expires. Maybe a day after that unless this lot fills up fast, before it is removed."

"That is plenty of time." Evan glanced at Bastila and somehow felt it was not enough. They moved away from the lot and the temple. A few minutes later a trio of Jedi entered the lot.

"I do not see why we could not have called down here. From what I saw they didn't bother anyone after the library."

"I do not think they would be the type to answer a call from the High Council. You heard what Jocasta Nu experienced and some of the council as well. The entire library is locked down."

"That didn't stop the group of padawans who got in earlier tonight, or did it stop my curiosity. The Great Holocron is calling to all the Jedi."

"And this is why the Council of First Knowledge locked it away the first time."

"That was just an excuse. The Force wills it and I did not learn anything I haven't already." The two Jedi looked concerned as they listen to Ahsoka.

"It has changed you already. You spent all day meditating. You don't do that."

"I did it because of what that master taught me. Not what I gained from the Great Holocron. Though it did teach me, the proper method he was referring to."

"Regardless of any positive result. They will have to explain themselves better than they did." The three reached the ship and Kenobi walked up the ramp and pressed the intercom button.

"Master Rybath the Jedi High Council has issued a summons for you to appear in front of the Council. If you decline this summons, the Supreme Chancellor has issued a warrant for you arrest for vandalism."

"You that is not going to stick if it goes to trial? They didn't break anything. Plus the courts would never believe the other things he did with the Force."

"I know that Anakin." Kenobi pounded on the door. They waited for several minutes.

"You leave me no choice." Kenobi took out his lightsaber a second before the outer hatch parted rapidly.

"Statement: My master and the others are not on this ship. Declaration: You will leave immediately or face extermination, meatbags." The three Jedi jumped back as their blades ignited on seeing the eerie droid with glowing yellow red eyes and a smaller astromech droid with a large blaster affixed to its dome. The smaller droid whistled a string of code at the strange humanoid droid.

"Answer: T3 I know that is not polite. Counter argument: You were the one who suggested we show ourselves armed."

"Master, let's go."

"No Anakin, they are not attacking."

"Declaration: I am HK-47 and I do hope you attempt to board this vessel. It has been 3956 years since the last time I have eliminated a meatbag. Excitement: Please be so kind as to be the first ones since then."

"That is the strangest droid I have even seen. He feels almost desperate."

"Anakin, it is a droid. They don't feel, but I only feel danger if we move forward."

"When will Master Rybath return?" Ahsoka asked cutting into the start of an argument that she knew would continue until Anakin would give up in frustration.

"Answer: The master declared no longer than four days. They went to find something inside the Jedi..." T3 hopped on its four legs back and forth as it let out a series of complaints. "Counter argument: He didn't order me not to say where they went. Explanation: It would convince them to attack."

"Security, this is Obi Wan Kenobi, I need a detail to guard the ship resting in berth 127-56A until the owners decide to return."

"Sending a team shortly, master Jedi." Kenobi took one last look at the strange droids and the even older ship before walking back to their speeder.  

"Good." Kenobi put the comlink away and walked away for the ship.