Chapter 16

Chapter 16

-Gretchen’s POV-

We sat together staring at the huge TV, nobody moved, nobody talked.

The winner was going to be announced.

This lottery was very much different from the usual ones which keep taking place every now and then. This one actually stirred worldwide interest, mostly teens and some perverted adults. I shuddered.

‘1’ the woman with makeup painted on her face on the TV said.

I could hear my heart-beat getting louder by the second; my first number is ‘1’.

‘5’ she sad again with an elastic smile,

Noelle dug her fingernails on my arm, ow that’s got to leave a mark; my second number is ‘5’.

‘6’ she said after a long time which irritated the crap out of all of us.

No, can I really be that lucky? My third number is ‘6’

Then there was the drum roll which lasted for quite a lot of time, then she took another 120 seconds to say the last number…

We all remained still, I have the number ‘9’ if it comes, if this happens, then Oh God, then I’ll be, I’ll become a nun and devote myself to the almighty.

‘6’ she almost shrieked.

We all breathed out hard disappointed breathes, aw man.

“Geez tough luck,” Aiden was the first one to talk,

“Um, wow,” Megan shook her head and then wiped her forehead,

Rayanne and Noelle just sat there motionless.

“I’m throwing this piece,” I said as I crumpled the paper,

“What? No!” Ray gained back her senses and snatched away the piece of paper from my hands.

Meanwhile they showed a video of Malaysia, oh gosh, that beautiful country…

Rayanne was now straightening the small printed ticket, she told us, “We can keep this as a memento,” and she started talking to herself, “and probably get it lamented, hm…yes…”

She then started examining it; she then widened her eyes and yelled, “Listen!”

We all looked at here and I got the strong feeling of adrenaline and my body felt numb.

“I’ve got two things to say,” She started, we all waited, “first, Gretch go get spectacles and second, we’re going to Malaysia.”

“NO!” Noelle screeched and in a couple of minutes we were all on the bed jumping, screaming and dancing.

Then Megan ran out screaming, “Eureka! Eureka!” but thankfully she wasn’t naked and um she didn’t really discover anything.

In a matter of time the girls started coming out from their rooms with confused faces, “We’re going to Malaysia!!” Aiden said at the top of her lungs to clear their confusion. The other girls' faces twisted with surprise, fascination and envy.

“And spend time with 1D!” Megan yelled too, obviously everyone knew that but no harm in mentioning it again,

“Hey you good-or-nothing folks come here!” Rayanne was calling us, I entered giving Ray a look, and she immediately turned apologetic and said, “except you of course!” I nodded with satisfaction.

Megan came in running from the end of the corridor just at time; they flashed a picture of the five of use on the huge screen and tagged us as ‘The winners’. Okay so we do look pretty in the picture. Yay.

After that we switched off the TV and they all looked at me with sparkling eyes because Malaysia here we come…

…with One Direction.