How To Get An Address

Comenzar desde el principio

"So," he began as the elevator descended, "why did you label us a dumb couple?"

"We are not a couple but yes we are dumb," she said and added, pensively, "we were made dumb by those two cunning schemers."

He laughed. "You mean Jared and your friend?"

She nodded. "They have blue printed this setup beforehand, she dragged me along so I could replace Jared and they could go love dovey. I tell you, Eric, we are the billy goats here."

His small laugh turned loud and non-stop. "You're right, smartas$. Yet you agreed willingly."

She sighed. "Rule number three in our contract."

"Contract?" he asked, curiously.

"The 'platonic soulmates' contract," she said and added, already sensing his next question, "rule number three, never deny a request."

"What's rule number one?" Eric looked like a kindergartener being told a story. It was strangely satisfying to know that she had his complete attention.

"The undermentioned clauses are non-negotiable."

His boisterous laugh gained a wholesome of weird glances and spectators who even spared a minute to stare at the two teenagers. She realized the flock was gaining prominence and soon, the ground floor was completely invested in staring at them. Or better said, Eric Brazen.

Knowing it was her best chance, she patted him soothingly, pretending to care for the mentally unwell boy. "It's okay." She threw a dirty glance at the crowds, albeit her insides having its own circus, and hardly suppressed the growing smile on her face.

It seemed that Eric noticed the crowd and her pretense, but instead of turning somber or shouting at her as she thought he would have, he had another plan.

"Dollface," he crooned. "I missed you."

Dread blossomed inside her, that voice of his screamed danger in a despicable manner.

Without a warning, his arms went right around her waist and pulled her to him till their sides were pasted to each other. Vanessa went rigid with surprise, a sudden coldness enveloped her like ice crushers poured over her trembling emotions.

As if the stunt wasn't enough already, he inclined his head and nuzzled at the crook of her neck. Her lips parted in surprise.

If she was red earlier, now she was engulfed in fire.

Right in the middle of the crowd, Eric Brazen had made out with her. What the hell was she doing till then?

True that she had directed the act at the beginning, but the boy had cunningly branded her the victim and now, the ball was in his court.

If she pushed him to the floor and rewarded him with a bunch of punches, it sounded promising and pleasing, but the 'awed' audience would be upset over the play. Resulting in her being the bad guy.

No. She was stronger than this.

Throwing the best of her smiles, she pulled her 'adorable' boyfriend, according to some stranger who decided that giving a compliment was a good idea, out of the hospital.

"Damn Eric, what the hell was that?" she growled, running her hand through her partially wet hair.

"Keeping up with the act," he said with a sweet smile.

"Ugh. I hate you." She neared him with clawed fingers and he took a step back, cautiously. "What if there was a squealer? Then don't blame me if you end up inside a coffin tomorrow."