How To Earn Wrath

"Yeah. Yeah."

Vanessa stood on top of the bed, bobbing her head in sync as music from Blue's 'All Rise' began.

"Your honor please,
Gotta believe what I say."

She lip synced, snapping her fingers and tapping the makeshift dance floor with her feet. Her body swayed lightly, as she kicked the sleeping figure on the bed.

"What I will tell,
Happened just the other day."

"Let me sleep, Vanessa," Marly groaned and covered her head with the blankets. She had decided to stay the night Vanessa's, after the match and was, assumably, regretting her decision now. With the blaring music that resonated across the room, it was a miracle that she could still continue with her slumber, unaffected.

It was five in the morning, the clouds grey and dull from where she could see them through her glass window. The sun deep in slumber.

"I must confess,
Cause I've had about enough."

Vanessa sang aloud, throwing her head back and dancing with weird moves. She did the robot dance, then threw her hands up in the air and swayed like a drunkard. She was not certain how she was supposed to move with the music. She had to agree that she was a terrible dancer.

"I need your help,
Gotta make this here thing stop."

Vanessa jumped, landing on the floor with a thud. She put one hand up, doing the crotch dance and giggled. She covered her mouth, "This is so crazy." She shouted over the loud music.

"Baby I swear I'll tell the truth,
About all the things you used to do,
And if you thought you had me fooled,
I'm telling you now objection overruled."

"Marly!" She shook her friend one more time, the response was of a dead mummy's. "Lazy ass." With outstretched hands, she pushed her off the bed. Immediately, she sprinted out of the room before the mummy could wake up.

The audio system fitted on the walls of her room did a pretty job in sharing the vibes throughout the household.

"Here we go, oh baby,
One for the money and the free rides it's,
Two for the lies that you denied."

Outside of her room, the clarity of the music decreased by one percent. But it was enough to follow with. She moonwalked her way across the dimly lit corridors to the next victim's room.

Unlike Marly, her brother undoubtedly shared her genes when it came to music. He was dressed in his uniform, completing the last sacred act a.k.a styling his hair with a glob of hair wax.

"All rise, all rise."

She sang aloud, making her presence known.

He spinned around, standing on his toes. Grinning, he shouted over the music, "Making good use of dad's absence?"

"Yeah," she shouted back, still dancing. On days where her father was home, the house felt like a funeral space. Shouting, verbal abuses, loud music or anything that caused a 'hindrance' to other residents was strictly prohibited in the Graham house.

Sometimes, she thought that if this place was rented for funerals, they'd be billionaires by now.

"Um, sister," he called, uncertainly. Vanessa looked up and frowned, her brother did not seem to share her enthusiasm at the moment. "Beast Alert."

Before she could ponder over his statement, a huge force pushed her to the floor. She landed on the ground with her palms and knees, saving her nose from any incorrigible injuries. But the bulk on her back pushed her further till she lay flat on the ground.