Six

{SETH}

There are two moments that I would never want to revisit.

The first one would be when my dad passed away and we attended his funeral. I mean, I'm doing a pretty good job of keeping it together, but I still miss him.

The second moment would be the most recent, and it involved my Imprint.

I should have noticed something was up. I walked passed Quil when I went inside Emily's house. I should have caught on to the tension in the air and then the forced smile he had given me. I should have stopped and asked him why he looked so awkward. Maybe then I wouldn't have had to see her there.

Emily looked up at me when she saw me come in. I was going to greet her, but then I caught the scent of blood and something else. It smelled familiar and I hoped I was wrong about it. My eyes trailed to whatever it was she was tending to that made her look so worried. On the couch was my Imprint. She was covered in blood.

"Seth--" I didn't hear what Emily was going to say because then I raced out of the house. I ran passed Quil and Embry, who still stood in that same spot when I had seen them.

And then I phased.

Someone followed after me. Quil.

What happened? I asked through the mindlink.

We found her, Quil told me.

Images filled my head and I saw what he had seen.

She was lying on the ground, covered in blood. Blood was dripping down her forehead, staining her blonde hair, and from the wound that ran from her shoulder down to her elbow.

A vampire wouldn't have left her like that. No, it would have drained her blood. I felt both mixture of relief when I realized it wasn't a vampire but I grew anxious wondering what could have attacked her.

"She's alive," Quil had announced when he found that she still had a pulse.

"Let's bring her to Emily's," I heard a voice--Embry's, I recognized. They carried her to Emily's.

I was glad when the scene stopped playing in my head.

You didn't have to show me every single detail.

Sorry.

Did you see what did that to her? I wanted nothing more than to destroy whoever or whatever did it.

We should get back, he said after a moment of silence.

I nodded. I really wanted to see her now. Even if she weren't awake yet. I just wanted to see if she was alright.

Dude, I get that you're worried, Quil said, interrupting my thought, But it's annoying when she's all you ever think about. Calm down. 

It was my turn to utter an apology. We ran back to Emily's then phased back. I put on my shorts then walked inside just as Emily bandaged her wounded arm. I couldn't help but stare as my Imprint lied limp on the couch. Hesitantly, I walked closer. Even with the few cuts on her face, she was still the most beautiful girl I had ever seen.

"Seth, bring her to the spare room," Emily muttered and  nodded.

I picked up the fragile girl, careful not to touch the bandaged areas, and brought her into the room. I slowly put her down on the bed. She looked so peaceful in her sleep and I was glad that she seemed to look like she would be okay. I brushed some stray strands of hair that fell in front of her face, but that was all I allowed myself to do before I stepped back. I left the room, vowing to protect her with my life if needed.

"She'll be okay, right?" I asked Emily. She assured me that she would be fine, that my Imprint's injuries weren't as bad as they looked. Just a few cuts here and there, she had told me. I shouldn't have asked. Just the thought of her getting hurt was painful for me.

She saw the look in my face and I guessed that I looked pathetic. Emily put a hand on my shoulder, the gesture comforting in a way. "She will be okay," she told me again. Her voice was firm, certain. I looked back at the closed door.

Izzy will be alright. She was so close now, and I wasn't going to let her get too far away. I would protect her with my life. Normally, I would find those empty promises cheesy, but this time I knew those words rang true. There was no way I would let her get hurt again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n: idk if i'm over twilight or not but idk i suddenly wanted to update this story so here it is...