Two

{SETH}

I've been a werewolf for a week now and it's one of the coolest things that's happened to me.

I think my reaction to the change surprised the others. My dad just died and I guess they thought I would go into some state of depression. I didn't. Dad wouldn't have wanted me to. I mean, the funeral was hard to go to. Saying good-bye to my old man, it wasn't something I wanted to do. But I had to.

"Seth!" I heard Jacob call. "Paul just spotted the redhead somewhere near the boundary."

I nodded, following him into the forest and Phasing into a sandy-colored wolf. It took a second for me to get used to being on all four lumbs but everything felt natural after that. I took off into the woods after Jacob.

I caught the redhead's scent, and something else. The others were just standing there, watching the vampire up in the tree. I growled at the smirk that appeared on her face.

The sound of a twig snapping distracted me and I realized why we hadn't attacked the redhead yet.

There was a girl, maybe around my age, sitting under one of the trees. Her blonde hair swayed slightly as she looked around for what made the sound -- me. She got up from the ground. "Come out. I'm not afraid of you."

The vampire pouted. "Aaww, you let her know that we're here. I wanted to go for a surprise attack."

It only took a second-long distraction for the redhead to jump down the tree and run towards the girl.

Follow her, Sam's voice boomed in my mind. So we ran.

Well, they ran. I stayed behind when I realized the girl had seen us.

And our eyes locked together.

Her eyes were blue, a light blue that reminded me of the sky on a sunny day. It wasn't often the sun was out and shining here in town.

Seth, where are you? I heard a voice in my head and I remembered why I had been here in the first place.

Although I didn't want to, I left her there and followed after the others.

Seth, focus!

Sorry, I replied to Sam.

Soon enough, we had lost track of the redhead. She was a hard vampire to catch, or at least I think she was.

Other than the Cullens, she was the only vampire I knew. The pack had killed a vampire before but that was it. I wasn't a werewolf then so I wouldn't really know how good at catching vampires the pack is.

We were back at Emily's and I guess the guys were all disappointed about the vampire's escape.

I, on the other hand, could only think of that blonde girl with the pretty blue eyes.

I didn't even know her name; she was a complete stranger but I thought she was perfect.

My thoughts were interrupted by Sam. "Hey, Seth, why do you look so distracted?"

"Yeah, you look like Jared whenever someone mentions Kim," Paul added. As if on cue, Jared looked up and a lovestruck expression replaces his frown. The guys laughed and Jared just flipped them off.

"You found her, didn't you?" Sam questioned. I didn't have to ask what he meant by that.

My Imprint, soulmate. She's supposed to be my other half, my one true love.

I shrugged. "I think so."

The guys directed their 'congratulations' at me and I smile slipped onto my lips. "Well, who is she?"

And the smile turned into a frown. "I don't know. It was the girl in the forest." A thought occured to me and I was afraid to voice it out.

"What's wrong, Seth?" Emily asked.

"What if I don't see her again. I mean, werewolves don't always find their Imprints. Could it be possible that someone does but doesn't see them again?"

"Don't worry, Seth," Emily muttered assuringly. "You'll see her again. Fate will bring you two together again, trust me."

I smiled at that.

I came home later that day with the smile still stuck on my face. It annoyed my sister when I came home so happy so I made sure to make my grin even wider.

She scowled. "Why are you so happy?"

I shrugged. "What's not to be happy about?"

"A lot of things," Leah deadpanned.

"I found my Imprint!" I exclaimed.

My sister frowned and I could see her struggle to force a smile on her face. "That's great." I wasn't sure if she had meant for it to sound sarcastic. "Good for you."

"You're not happy for me," I concluded.

She shook her head. "No, I am," she said. "It's just, my little brother found his soulmate," she mumbled a little lower as if she was pretending that I couldn't hear her. I didn't know what her deal was and I didn't bother to ask her.

I didn't want anyone to ruin my happy thoughts of meeting my Imprint for real this time.