Four

{SETH}

It had been a week since I found my Imprint and the next time I saw her was when the pack spotted the redhead again.

I was getting worried. Would our encounters all be because there was a vampire around?

When I found her, in the same spot I had first seen her, I couldn't help but think how I didn't like to see her cry. There were tears in her eyes and I wanted to Phase into my human form and comfort her. I didn't she'd want to be comforted by some shirtless stranger. I wasn't even sure if she could feel the Imprint bond.

I guess she sensed me standing there because she looked up at me. She looked confused at first but then smiled.

I like her smile.

Seth, shut up about your Imprint, Jake said through the mind link. In case you haven't noticed, there's a vampire on the loose.

Let him be, I heard Sam say. He just found his Imprint again.

At least someone understood how I felt...

But I'm only excusing this kind of behaviour now, Sam added.

"You know how it feels to lose someone you love?" my Imprint asked. I wanted to nod but I figured it would look weird if an animal could suddenly understand you. "Well, I lost a lot of my friends one summer."

She was crying, and I hated it.

"Lia, Diana, Polly, Michael, Lee. Then there's Jay, Calla, and Elle. They didn't deserve their fate," she muttered. "There's so many more of them, plus the traitors. And Tanner."

That last name sent her sobbing and I felt angry. Who was this Tanner guy? What did he do to my Imprint?

"Elle was like him, unclaimed, but she never betrayed us. She didn't want war."

I couldn't understand her ramblings but I was sure of one thing: something happened to her that made her lose her friends and it's affected her so much.

If only I could do something to help her. I wanted to be there for her, as Seth the human.

Seth! We found her, Jake told me through the mind link and I saw what was happening.

One of the Cullens, the big dude, almost crossed the boundary line and Paul attacked him. They were all distracted by this that the redhead got away. I almost growled but stopped myself. Frightening my Imprint wouldn't do me any good.

My imprint sighed. "I have to go," she said before standing up and leaving.

I watched her get up and wipe away her tears. She sent me one last look, a small smile on her face. "Thanks for listening," she mumbled before running off.

She disappeared through the forest and all I wanted to do was follow her and make sure she got home okay.

Seth, we're heading back to Emily's, Jake told me. I followed after them after one last glance at the direction my Imprint disappeared to.

Stop thinking about your Imprint, I heard Embry say, err, think.

Sorry, I replied. I had been doing that a lot lately, apologizing for thinking of my Imprint. Even not thinking of her leads to her creeping into my mind somehow.

Seth...

And being told not to think of her just made me do the opposite.

You're obsessed, I heard someone say.

Maybe they were right. I was going crazy, seeing my Imprint but never really talking to her. I needed to talk to her, to hold her.

She's driving him insane. And she really was.