but why would he look like that? it's only donghyuck.

haechan, let's go.❞ mark moved from his place and grabbed the younger's arms and dragged him away from jeno.

the guy tightened his grip at the book donghyuck just gave to him and smiled unconsciously. donghyuck's beautiful face was all he could think of. it was very beautiful and it looked like it can outshine the sun anytime.

mark wouldn't mind if he makes a move on the younger, would he?

🏵

mark, i'm nervous.❞ donghyuck gulped as the door at the end of the hallways was getting nearer as they walked

the older clicked his tongue ❝you weren't like that a while ago with jeno.

donghyuck couldn't understand what mark was mumbling about ❝come again?

don't be scared, i'm here.❞ the older said, not even sparing a glance at the younger who was now shaking.

your family also.❞ the boy groaned ❝why did i even agree on letting you take care of me?

be fucking thankful that i helped you.❞ mark snapped

completely shooing the confident donghyuck away. the boy zipped his mouth as he noticed that mark wasn't in a good mood. he's been like that ever since early in the morning. totally not in a good mood that he even let donghyuck sleep on the sofa at the living room and not inside his room. can't mark just let him rest inside the guest room?

mark sighed as he felt uncomfortable at how silent the younger is ❝i'll take care of everything, i'll be the one who'll answer their questions, and all you have to do is nod. got it?

the younger just looked down, too scared to look at mark ❝yeah.

the two finally arrived in front of the door and donghyuck swore that his soul just left his body. for this time, he wished that the floor would eat him. he just wants to leave the place. he was sweating so much and his breathing became heavier. his mind has been clouded with things like, "what if they found out who i really am and put me to jail?", "that taeyong dude is there so isn't this going to flop?", "i feel like this ain't going to end well."

this is what he gets for stealing a wallet.

mark held the younger's hand and intertwined their fingers, getting donghyuck's attention. the boy looked up and saw mark with a smile on his face and it somehow made him feel safe. the smile made him think that everything is going to be ok.

donghyuck forgot the fact that mark just got mad and cursed at him and tried to regain his composure.

smile.❞ the older said as he opened the door after seeing donghyuck put up a not so fake smile.

they were greeted with a woman and a man around her age with a much more younger male behind the both of them. donghyuck doesn't feel too nervous because he already met taeyong and mark's mom. what made him tightened his grip on mark's hand was his father. mark's father looked strict that donghyuck thought that he could actually die if his father finds out that he was the reason why mark had to work for weeks.

hello haechan.❞ the mother waved at the younger, not seeing how scared the boy is right now

good afternoon mrs. lee.❞ donghyuck let out a yelp went mark pulled him to sit down next to him and in front of his parents and taeyong who was looking at them, demanding for answers.

i'm mark's father.❞ the man spoke, making donghyuck breathe at a fast pace but then calmed down when mark caressed his palm ❝nice to meet you.. haechan?

the younger nodded his head ❝nice to meet you too and yes, i'm lee dong— haechan.❞ he cursed mentally as he almost said his real name

letting taeyong, mark, and jeno know about his real name is enough. he didn't want anyone to let it know anymore. it was the only thing that's keeping him safe as of the moment, hiding his identity.

he's adorable.❞ the man's manly giggled filled the room ❝is that why you chose him mark?

mark gave his father a smile ❝there are millions of reason why i love him, dad.

the mother squealed ❝there's a lot?

mark turned to his side and looked at donghyuck with a loving stare ❝more than i can count.

can i ask when and where you met him?❞ the father asked

and the questions between mark and his parents started. the parents asked plenty of questions with only mark answering it and  both taeyong and donghyuck keeping quiet. taeyong decided not to talk as he knew something was up and he's going to talk to mark about it later. donghyuck on the other hand didn't know what to say.

haechan..❞ the father called

the younger looked up, pretty obvious that he was panicking ❝y-yeah?

the mother smiled ❝mark has already talked too much.

i wanted to ask you a question, i want you to answer it.❞ mark gulped when he saw his father giving him a look ❝and i want mark to stay quiet.

shit, mark cursed. they just won't let donghyuck go without saying anything. he just hopes that whatever the question is, donghyuck's going to answer it in a way that his parents would believe that they're in a relationship. that, if, he doesn't want to go to jail. look at taeyong giving them a glare now.

what is it?❞ donghyuck cursed a dozen of times inside his head now

mark's father gave donghyuck a sweet smile ❝what do you love about mark?

t b c