You Don't Know How Much I Love You //Stucky// Part 1

//Bucky's POV//
I guess I've always had certain feelings for Steve.. never sure what those feelings were. They could've been just great respect... or something bigger.

It was when I was fourteen when I realised I had deeper feelings for the small scrawny boy. His face was always adorable when he got mad after I bet him in random races we decided to do, starting as soon as one of us challenged the other. Neither of us backed down from a challenge. Now, Steve is more than better than me at everything.

When I realised I was crushing on the little guy, I didn't know a guy could love a guy, so I stayed away in that way. I stayed close to him as a friend. A best friend, until the end of the line...

I would day dream about us. It was obvious I was doing it too. The times when Steve asked me if I had any special dame in mind, I always wanted to say I was thinking about him but couldn't bear to tell him. So I told him I had a date that weekend. A new girl about every two or three weeks so I could make an excuse for me to stare into nothingness while sighing and blushing at the thought of us being together.

Sometimes he'd even insist on coming with the women and I. I thought it would get me closer to him anyway..

Once he grew a few feet and muscles, saved not only me, but a whole group of 400 people, I felt like I wasn't that important to him. I decided to make it more obvious that I wished to court him. I knew I shouldn't make it too obvious. Who knew if he thought it was weird?

Then, Peggy Carter came into the picture. I couldn't bear to see them look at each other the way they did. I wanted that with Steve! But... I knew that I shouldn't get in the way of him and someone he loves, even if that wasn't me.

That night we were at the bar Steve and I hung out in, Peggy came and started talking to him, having a full conversation. Steve talked to her like I didn't even matter anymore. After a while I wandered off.

Didn't really do anything special until our mission, where he saved me about a million times. Heh... still hard to think that he could also keep me safe too. It was always my objective to keep him safe, but he managed to reverse the roles.

It went well until the moment I was holding onto the side of the train for my life. Steve tried to reach out to grab my hand, but then the one hand that was holding on suddenly gave in and I let go.

Falling...

Staring at Steve's distressed and tearful face grow a further distance away from me and my hand as I reached out to him. If I was going to die... at least my last memory would be the perfect man's face, staring right back at me.

I shut my eyes as I near the icy water ad hold my breath. It was no use. I felt my skin slowly freeze, then my feet went numb. Soon my whole body apart from my chest and head was frozen. That didn't last long. My whole body froze.

I woke up from the icy coma 70 years later with a metal bionic arm and amnesia.

Steve has now helped me too remember everything I once knew. Him, the war, hydra... us... it didn't take me a while to remember my feelings for him. I remembered almost instantly, I just couldn't control myself back then.

Now I sit here on the couch in Steve's apartment. No one was willing to let me live with them apart from Steve, which was more than ok with me. It means I can have him to myself for just a little bit longer, as I already stuck to his side all day anyway. I felt a little too clingy, but I can just spend more time with him, maybe I can get him to love me.

I'm wearing a brand new pair of track suit pants and T-shirt that Steve bought me to wear to sleep. I've been in them all day. I couldn't be bothered changing into something else. I wasn't going out anyway and it was comfy.