⚡8⚡

Back at the kitchen.....

"Wow that was close, I didn't want my mom asking me about anything yet"- Kiara said feeling relieved. "We were eating but it felt weird when my mom asked that, but thanks for changing the subject, after that my mom was just talking random stuff, I was glad when I heard a car"-Kiara said giggling.

"Hahaha, yeah no problem, I saw that you were scared and a little nervous so I just said what pop in my head"- Abel said. They were washing dishes. Kiara and Abel were starring at each other. Abel turn around to face her. Abel couldn't control himself anymore so he started getting closer to Kiara.

Kiara turn around to face Abel as well. There was a small gap between them. Kiara just froze and couldn't move. Abel was looking deeply into her eyes. But just before he could say something to her, they both hear foot steps.

They turn back around and then Abel backed up and walked away to go to the bathroom. "Hey Kiara, can you make lemonade for me and Samra"- her mom said. "Umm, yeah sure okay". "You okay honey". Yeah I'm good, why wouldn't I be". "Hmm okay then".

Just then Yolanda started walking away towards the living room. She sat next to Samra again and started talking. Kiara was making the lemonade but when she saw Abel walking away, she just starred at him.

He didn't even said anything he only said "be right back ima go to the bathroom" and he looked at her mom and walked away. Kiara was nervous and she didn't know what to do or say to her mom.

Recounts Kiara
Okay what just happened. I don't know what I just felt. One second me and Abel were talking and giggling, the next second we were close, like very close. Almost like if he wanted to kiss me. Nah, I'm overthinking it, right. He probably wanted to hug me, right. Ughhh I don't know, I have my mind all over the place.

What do you think I felt. I always had feelings for Abel but does he feel the same? Omg my mind is going crazy, stop it. He doesn't like me period. Damn this, I need to finish making the lemonade. And after that, I'll look for Abel. Wait, I don't even know what to say.

Later I will call my sister Elizabeth. Its been a long time without talking to her. I need to tell her about Abel. I was always close to her. She's two years younger then me, she's 11 years old. I miss seeing her but its fine at least we spent hours on the phone, even sometimes video chatting too.

Okay I'm done with the lemonade, I just need to go take it to them now.

Kiara just tried to look calm because she knows that her mom will start to question her. So she took two deep breaths and she felt calmer. She walked to the living room with two cups and the lemonade. Her mom looked at her so she tried to put a smile on her face.

She greeted Samra and hugged her then she said goodbye and walked away. She went outside to think. They have a big backyard so she decided to lay down on the grass and watch the stars. She enjoys to do that everytime she felt lost or confused with herself.