dares

A/N I want to discontinue this but the book hasn't gotten anywhere yet lmao I take forever to build up tension what's wrong with me
also, half way through this chapter i've switched my phone to no autocapitalization, do it for the aesthetic amirite
09/11/2018

Truth, dare, dare, truth, dare, truth, truth;
And then it got boring. It didn't once land on mike, which he wasn't exactly mad about, he didn't want to participate anyways.

"Game change?" Max suggested. Mikes head once again shot up, this wasn't because he wanted to play a new game, he was more in fear that his luck would switch with it.
"To what?" He said a little nervously.
Beverly sat up on her knees, "oh," he looked at the faces gathered around waiting for her response eagerly, she smirked. "Spin the bottle, but the original,"
A squeal of excitement was released around the room but mike only groaned.

The first two people had been Lucas and max. Since they were already dating, it wasn't too exciting. The group had seen them kiss already.
one unexpected one was will and autumn, everyone gasped and squealed, cheering them on. dustin, although was a little upset, despite the fact they agreed on the fact there were no strings attached with the kisses. some things you couldn't help.

"will and autumn, sitting in a-" mike sang before he was cut off by autumn,
"shut up or i'll fucking murder you," everyone went quiet. and so they spinned again, this time landing on dustin and lucas. they exchanged a look and both quickly reached for the bottle, causing everyone around to laugh.

lucas spun, he was nervous since he was in a relationship with max. she was even more anxious, since if it was anyone but her that got picked, she would have to watch them kiss.
they both signed in relief as it landed on her, and max smiled as she leaned in to peck lucas for a second time. he blushed like every time they kissed, for lucas, it was something that never got old. he didn't know what love was, but he sure thought he was in it, deeply in love with mayfield.

poor lucas.

as the spinner stopped, the room went stale, only the sounds of their own hearts beating was audible in that moment. who knew, max and mikes lips would close the night. the freckled boy shot his face up in shock, meeting maxine's, as soon as he fully took in the dare. lucas shifted nervously tried to find eye contact with max, but her eyes were just blanking out on the other boy's face.

"chicken," micheal confidentially declared.
"no chickens, wheeler," beverly said with a smirk, max looked over at her, taking back her thoughts about wanting to be her friend. this was betrayal, wasn't it?
"but we never stated that," mike rambled.
"just kiss," el said as she bit her bottom lip, hard.

jane wasn't as strongly against it as lucas. she still wasn't fully taught everything about love, but after getting jealous finding mike and max in the gym, she was explained that jealousy wasn't right, or at least that's what she understood from it. so no matter how much she knew it would hurt, she shoved those feelings down her throat and obeyed the game rules; no strings attached.

they gulped, completely acknowledging 4 people in the room who were very curious and excited to see the next moments, and 2 who's insides were spinning as fast as an eggbeater.

3, 2, 1, they leaned in completely, shut their eyes, and kissed. it burned lucas and el, god, it burned. but as guilty as max felt, she felt butterflies in her stomach for the brief second their lips were touching.

it was fairly short, and max's face may have been redder than her hair.

mike wiped his lips with his sleeve and scrunched his face like people do after tasting a lemon, and the smile max was trying to hold in vanished.

A/N 9/11 #NeverForget
i've been having writers block, i'm sorry for not posting. whopping 21 followers, don't become inactive
this book is ugly but i gave you what you came for
a kiss