warmth

A/N; sorry for everyone that read this before I corrected last night, there were some weird spelling and autocorrect errors.
08/22/2018

"What the fuck, mayfield?" Mike exclaimed as he pried the red heads shaky hands of his forearm. They locked eyes as soon as she stood up and got off of his thin shins, wheeler feeling extremely worried for the pale girl in front of him. "Oh my god, Max, what happened?" He says as he wipes a falling tear off her face with his sweater. She looks down and he awkwardly stops and backs away a step.

"I'm fine," she sighs, also moving back a step or two, "I needed to clear my head and i wouldn't want you to, to bother Neil while he is working," Mike looks over the closed blinds that saved the lie entirely, and he nodded his head in agreement.

Only, after a short amount of relief, stress piled right back into her arms as she saw that he wasn't leaving her.

"I need to clear my head too, how about another walk?" She gave a half smile, slightly thankful for having him by her side.

"I keep seeing Bob being attacked, or Wills panics, or something that happened half a year ago I wish never did in my dreams. Sleep is supposed to be relaxing, it's not supposed to feel like a demons kill spree every time I shut my eyes, is it?" Mike looks over to max as he walks his bike on his side, he flashes a small smile, but his droopy eyes overpowered the happiness in his face, which, to be fair, there wasn't much of.

"I got dreams like that, but only for a month or so. I got over them quick since i had other things to worry about like," she paused and her breath hitched a bit, "school and my future."

Mike nodded his head, just a little confused, "how is it at home?" He eyes her wrist, covered by her signature sweater; a red, silky adidas jacket with white stripes on the arms and the logo on the left side of her chest. She followed mikes eyes and pulled her arm behind her back, "mike, I'm fine," she sighed, "and, i should be going home about now," max said strictly as she eyed his black and gold watch, Roman numerals. She couldn't read them, but she memorized the placements of the actual numbers since the school also had a thing for the ancient symbols on their clocks.

Mike shot his head down and climbed over his bicycle seat as he nodded to max. "I'll bike you there," he said as he shook his head backwards as an indicator to where she'd sit.

"I'm fine, Wheeler," she insisted.

"Look how far we are from your house, you'll be awfully tired," Maxine looked behind them, they were a ways away. They had talked for some time, but she didn't realize it was even possible for time to fly like that. She nodded in agreement as she climbed on the back, she shut her eyes in frustration and fear, and why?

Because she realized the one who seemed to care the most about her was the one person she not to long before hated the most.

A/N kinda short sorry
My birthday is in 4 days I'm not ready