buttons

A/N I was too lazy to correct this fully, so if it says finn or Sadie instead of mike and max, forgive me.
-07/08/2018

When Mike woke up, the house was dead silent. He got up, a bit shaky, but managed to find his balance as he walked down the stairs. He saw Nancy just about to head out.
"Hey, nance!" He called out after her, she quickly looked over, "Where are you going?"
"I'm going to the store, do you need anything?"
"Um, no, I'm good," Mike said as he stretched out his arms.
He went over to the kitchen and made cereal, he waved to Nancy as she left.
Once he finished his cereal, he ran up to his room and grabbed his walker talkie.
"Max, Max?" He said, impatiently waiting for an answer, "max? Are you there?"

Max heard mike but chose to ignore it. She didn't feel like he deserved her attention after what he said, "stupid bruises'. She was a tough girl, and she hated letting her guard down, getting upset, but sometimes she did let it down, especially when someone had known a big secret of hers. And that person was none other than mike wheeler.
"Max, answer the fucking thing," she rolled her eyes, "I know you're there!" She was about to walk over to it and make a sarcastic remark, but she decided not to leave her warm bed. "If you don't answer, I'll call your house phone!"
Her eyes went wide and she sprung out of her bed, "10, 9, I'm dialling right now, 7,"
"You skipped 8," she interrupted.
"I think that 'I'm dialling now' counts as a number," he smirked, and even though she couldn't see it, Max knew he did.
"What do you want?" She groaned, mike huffed, "forgiveness? Listen, I'm really sorry for freaking out on you yesterday,"
"You went Jack Torrance on me," she snorted. He rolled his eyes and continued, "whatever, I'm sorry. It's just, my mom is a touchy subject," he breathed in heavily, "but if you want to ask anything, you can go ahead and ask, it's what I owe you."
Her face turned red, "no mike, that isn't right, but-"
She felt the house shake a bit from an aggressive slam of the front door. She then heard a very angry yell from a male, however, she couldn't make out the voice. luckily, she let go of the talk button beforehand, "I gotta go," she said very suddenly as she dropped her walkie-talkie on the bed and locked her door.
Max panicked, she really needed someone, so she climbed out her window and ran to Lucas's.
She cried, and she cried, thoughts pouring down and into the brain, why did my mom pick, Neil? She thought. Once she reached his house, she made an effort to wipe up tears and worry, just in case his mom, dad, or sister were to answer. But instead, no one answered, she put her cold ear against the hard, wooden door and heard no movement.
She gave up on trying to look gathered and normal, she stopped trying to keep her guard up, and just fell over into the grass, letting her emotions flock into her eyes, and it felt good, it felt so good to release everything she had been holding in for the year, hell, most of her life. But, what wasn't that great was, she decompressed her emotions on Lucas's lawn.
Max only lived a few doors down, she could see her house even in the morning fog. She also could see a nervous mike wheeler approaching her door.

Mike dropped his bike on the sidewalk in front of her small house, or at least compared to mikes it was.
He was preparing to walk up to the door when he got stopped by a redhead girl, with a red ass face, who pulled him off her lot.

A/N I hope this was a good chapter, I'd didnt bother to read it over because I don't like reading my own stories, but if I do I'll probably hate it whoops. I hope it made sense.

Also, important, I won't be posting for a couple weeks, but don't leave, I'll be coming back with hopefully a few prewritten chapters to spam!

Also, this hit 100 reads, and I know that's not a lot, but I'm happy that people are enjoying the story.

-or at least I hope they are..