skateboard

A/N almost 400 reads coolio
Can you guys start commenting it's so lonely here
24/08/2018

"Move it a little right, no, a bit left, there!" Will conducted to Dustin and Lucas as they hung up a gold piece of tinsel as a finishing touch to the decorating of the AV club. They had showed up early to customize for max's birthday, while mike waited by the front door to greet max and walk her over.

"Are you sure it doesn't look messy?" Lucas asked the other boys as he questioned their work. His eyes drifted off to the present which sat on a plastic chair on the side. they all put money in together to buy it for her, and they all knew she'd like it. Will turned to Lucas, "I don't think so, but even if it does, it's max. She won't care!" They all chuckled, and then got a little shaken by the abrupt sound of mike and Max's voices approaching the door. Dustin ran to the light switch and turned it off quickly, and then they all found a place to hide quietly in the dark as they practiced.

"Are you going to do anything for your birthday?" Micheal asked the ginger as they approached the door of the AV club. Max looked at the door a little suspicious having no idea why she was there, but went along with it, "no, probably just a family dinner like last year," she replied, sounding a little upset. Mike frowned as he grabbed the door knob. He pushed it open to uncover 3 boys jumping from various parts of the small space.

"Surprise! Happy birthday!"

Max looked at mike in shock, and turned to the other guys pulling all 4 into a group hug. "Thank you guys so, so much for the heart attack!" She joked, she already figured out herself what the room was judging by the equipment that was familiar to her from middle school. She looked over to her right to see a grey cardboard box with a blue stick on bow on top. "What's that?" She pointed over to it, and Lucas looked behind him to grab it.

"Open it after school, not now," he instructed as he handed it over. She lightly shook it, trying to figure out what the object inside was, and then nodded. The bell then rang, and Lucas gave max a kiss before heading off to his class. Dustin and will followed him since there's were in the same direction, but Mike stayed with her since they had the same class. "Can I leave this in here? I don't have time to get to my locker now," he shrugged, "sure, I guess," she pushed the box onto a waist high shelf board and walked out with mike.

"So, are you doing anything for your birthday?" He asked, trying to break the silence as they approached the classroom. Maxine looked back at him as she twisted the doorknob, "you just asked me that 5 minutes ago!" She sighed, "I said, probably just a family dinner or something boring," she smiled, a little noticeable disappointment peaking through. Before they walked in, he suddenly offered, "you can come over if you want," She furrowed her brows. "With everyone else too, obviously," he reassured, "we can all hang out in the basement and have a sleepover like we did for will," he continued. "Sounds like fun!" Her face lit up as she walked to her desk, mike taking a seat right beside her.

later on at lunch, mike addressed the plan to everyone else in the group. "We can all bring snacks and play board games, and maybe watch some movies! My dad finally bought a tv for down there so I would stop hogging the living room one," everyone agreed, hoping that their parents would do the same when they asked, "so when would this be, Mikey?" Will joked. He turned to Max, waiting for an answer. "I mean, I'm cool with whatever, I don't think my mom would even care, less for her to do," She half joked, making the conversation fall uncomfortable. She looked around, "I'm joking!" They all sighed. "Would Friday work for you guys?" They all nodded.

The group made a quick trip to the AV club after school to grab the rather large box for max. Once she grabbed it, they headed outside and sat on the staircase, gathering around her as they waited for her to uncover the present. Her face went pale as a ghost, in front of her was a skateboard. She looked at all of them, all were grinning at her reaction. "Thank you, thank you, thank you guys, so, so much! There couldn't of been a better gift that I could've received!" She exclaimed, pulling them all into a hug.

Dustin let go, "alright, go try to out," she placed her older skateboard, still carefully on the steps and gripped onto the new one, placing it down with such care it was as if it was her newborn child. She stepped on the board and zoomed down the parking lot, the ride was so smooth, and she couldn't of been more thankful.

A/N I don't even know if they have said their birthdays in the show but if they have whoops just for the sake of this ignore it lol