Upon noticing her finally entering the living room, Prince Zhang GuoFu and Ji LanBai smiled and stepped forward, bowing gracefully in greeting.

Hai FenChu's smile blossomed.

"Perhaps, their arrival is what Meng-momo was trying to tell me about?", she thought to herself.

She walked towards them and her son.

Ji SongLi turned around to face her, and the female figure also followed suit, turning her body around.

Hai FenChu frowned a little when she finally saw the young woman in full view - even forgetting to welcome her son, as she was taken aback at the woman's familiar profile.

However, she could not quite place the woman's identity in her mind.

Then she noticed the silky blue magnolia hairpin, affixed to the young woman's hair.

The very same hairpin she had given to a young teenage girl, years ago, who she thought she would never have the chance to see again

The young woman was wearing a light blue and white dress that complimented Ji SongLi's dark blue and grey robe. Her hair cascaded to the sides of her shoulders and back, merely adorned with the sole familiar hairpin.

The eyes were deep, with heavy lids, always rendering her expression to be downcast and soft. However, her smile was tender, polite, and full of warmth.

Hai FenChu suddenly felt dizzy.

The young woman opened her mouth and stepped forward to reach her, as Hai FenChu had stopped in her tracks in her surprise,

"Mother."

Hai FenChu blinked.

"Mother. YuLan is here. Mother, are you well?" The young woman curtsied, tilting her head slightly as her waist was bent towards her.

Her one hand daintily fell to her hip in her greeting, however her other hand... -

-was in Ji SongLi's upturned palm.

Hai FenChu looked at the graceful young woman – the same YuLan that she thought she had lost forever. She saw YuLan's hand in SongLi's own hand; the hairpin; and the blooming smile on SongLi's face.

She had never seen her own son smiling like that.

His face, as he looked softly at the bowing young woman by his side, was full of pride and endearment. His upturned palm held hers lightly but surely, to support her in her greeting.

Hai FenChu was just about to open her mouth to say something, but she almost fell as Ji SongLi suddenly bowed his body while still holding onto YuLan's hand.

"Mother," he squeezed YuLan's hand in his, the two people now looking at each other. Their eyes told a story of a thousand words as they exchanged silent tenderness,