"Colton." I warned lightly feeling tears sting my eyes. "I'm fine-"

"Don't tell me you're fine you're not fine. Tell me what's happened. Now Taylor, I swear don't make me force it-" I hung up because I couldn't listen to him. Cody would probably think that he would flip out at me but I knew when I hung up he would be crying. I could feel it in my heart.

"Are you okay?" Cody's voice was strained or maybe I was just zoning everything out. "It hurts being away from him and hearing him like that." I rubbed my hand on my chest feeling something pull at my heart.

"That's the bond." He smiled to himself but I couldn't help laugh. "You've changed your tune, a few weeks ago you were after killing him." I giggled through the tears and wiped them away with the sleeve of the coat.

"He's there." I perked up when we turned onto the dirt track and saw Colton kicking the shit out of a tree. His head snapped towards the car and he just stopped. The dirt fired from beneath the wheels when Cody stopped the car and Colton was at the door in seconds. He practically pulled it off of its hinges and picked me up from the passenger seat. "He got you?"

"It's fine Colton he's normal again." I nuzzled into my mates chest feeling a sense of warmth spread around my body. Colton's grip on me was tight but not tight enough to hurt me and then that's when I noticed his knuckles. "I've called the doctor out, he's waiting at the house, drive ahead Cody." Colton instructed and I raised my hand resting it on his cheek. I was gone 6 hours and this is what happened.

"I'm taking you back myself." He looked down at me and I saw his eyes were red raw, the vein in his neck was still pulsing with rage. "We need to make sure the baby is okay." He moved the coat to the side and noticed the scars forming.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to go for a run; I didn't think they would come onto our territory." His warm hands kept me secured in his hold and I felt more relaxed with him. We approached the house and Cody's car was outside as well as another one I didn't recognise. "Hey Taylor!" Diesel jogged towards us and I frowned at the mark on his face. Colton covered me up properly with the coat and stared intently at him.

"Did you do that?" I looked at Colton and his eyes held so much regret but he couldn't bring himself to keep eye contact. "Don't sweat it, he doesn't hit as hard as he thinks." Diesel chuckled and threw me a wink. I pretended to ignore the way Colton seemed to be having a debate with him through the mind link as we walked into the house. Colton put me down on the sofa and the doctor wasted no time in getting the bullet out my leg. Colton squeezed my hand reassuringly when the doctor plucked the bullet from my skin and wrapped my legs in a thick layer of gauze and bandages.

"Did you find Kylo?" I asked trying to take my mind off of the pain. "The elites are bringing him back now, he's good." Colton's eyes drifted to my stomach and I lifted his head.

"Everything will be fine." This time o was comforting him because I knew he was close to breaking. It took a few more minutes for Elrick to do his checks and then I was done. I was told  to 'take it easy' and immediately Colton's thoughts went to "chain her to the bed" "wheelchair sounds safer."

"Will you come to bed with me?" I whispered to Colton as everyone's chartered seemed to drown down into a hum and even Cody looked pretty comfortable on the couch with Diesel and Maxen. "Of course I will." With that he scooped me up in his arms and began our decent up the stairs. When he placed me on the bed o grabbed his hands and held them firmly on my knees. He gave me a blank look before kneeling infront of me. Honestly, I didn't k ow what to do in that moment but pull him close to me and hug him. His head leant on my chest, I ran my hands through his hair and felt the soft trickle of water run down my chest. He was crying.