[9]

===
🌈Chapter 9🌈
===

"Class dismissed."

I groaned as I got up and rubbed my eyes, a yawn escaped my mouth as I lazily packed my stuff and left the room.

After the whole creepy message that happened in science class, I'd shut off my phone, that was 4 hours ago.

"Alex!"

I turned my head to the side, someone was waving at me but all my eyes could see was a blurry figure running towards me.

As soon as I recognised that ginger hair a smirk plastered on my face.

"Yo." I ruffled Lewis's hair playfully, he pouted and narrowed his stormy grey eyes at me.

"Bastard." He shooed my hand away and combed his neck length hair with his hands.

"I tried calling you but you wouldn't answer."

"My phone battery was at 5% and I turned it off."

Lewis rolled his eyes and started walking to his locker that was surprisingly close to mine.

"Oh shit, I have to pick up my brother after school."

"That sucks."

Lewis shrugged, he brushed some strands of his fiery hair behind his pierced ear.

"Only sometimes." He winked at me and walked to his locker, I shook my head and walked to mine.

As I opened my locker door I felt someone lean on the locker to the left, from the corner of my eye I saw it was John.

"I just realized that even though we're bestfriends we don't spend much time together. At least, not anymore." He furrowed his dark brows and pouted.

Suddenly, he gasped and put both hands on his cheeks.

"Is it because I'm black? I knew it, you white people are always discriminating us--"

"John--"

"--on top of that we had to work for you guys and--"

"John, it's not because you're black." I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed tiredly.

"Oh okay."

He gave me a goofy smile and wrapped his arms around my neck.

"Let's hang out, then!"

I rolled my eyes but smiled at John behaviour, he's acts like a kid.

===

"Honey! I'm home!"

John yelled happily as he entered my house, I heard papa laugh from the kitchen, and Ailen groan from the living room.

"Why is he here?" Ailen rolled his eyes as he leaned on the wall and crossed his arms around his chest.

"Oh, hey, LenLen, you still look like a girl." John snorted and stuck his tongue out playfully.

Ailen rolled his eyes and walked up to his room, we heard his door slam shut.

"Love you too, sweetcheeks!"

"Don't call me that!" Ailen yelled from his room.

John shook his head and wiped a fake tear.

"Lenny boo, doesn't love me anymore..." He sniffed and pouted, he turned to face me and gave me puppy eyes.

"...do you love me, Lexxy boo?" He said in a infant tone.

"Depends on the day." I shrugged and walked to my room, John followed close behind me.

"Fair enough."

I slammed my door open and kicked my shoes off, John did the same, we sank into my bed and stared at the white ceiling.

"Your ceiling's boring, dude." John poked my cheek, I rolled my eyes and huffed.

"It's white!" A loud exagerated gasp left John's lips.

"Why--"

"--isn't it black?"

I shifted so I could see John, he was staring at the ceiling with his dark brows furrowed. "No! Why doesn't it have stars, y'know, the ones that shine in the dark."

"Dunno." I shrugged, John sighed and put his arms behind his head.

We both burst out laughing like maniacs till we couldn't breath, the rest of the evening, John and I talked about random stuff and laughed at dumb things the other said.

"Shit, I need to go home, Kyle's alone." I offered driving him  home but he shook his head and smiled.

"Don't worry, ma dude, besides a little walk won't hurt." He winked and stepped out of my room, I heard him yell his goodbyes and slam the front door close.

"He's weird." I lifted my head and stared at Ailen, he had his hair tied up into a messy bun and wore sweats and a black tee.

"I know."

Ailen shook his head, turned on his heels and walked to his room, mumbling something underneath his breath.

I felt my eyelids become heavy before I fell asleep.