Chapter two

When I woke up the next morning I brushed my teeth and lightly combed through my hair with my fingers. Then I went to my closet to tackle the task of picking out an outfit. I went for my patterned tights on top of frayed daisy dukes. I decided on the new shirt with my favorite band on it. It's a black shirt that says 'Skillet' in big letters. With that I put on earrings, mascara/eyeliner and my combat boots then went down stairs. I got a text from Taylor asking if we could pick her up on the way. I automatically texted back "Sure." I went into the closet grabbed my bag, then went into the kitchen. I grabbed a protein bar then sat down at the table next to Jaxon. "Have you randomly decided to join the Roberts family?" He asked me sarcastically. "No" I said "I have decided to eat breakfast." I answered "That looks like a protein bar, to me." He said "It's breakfast." I answered again "It doesn't even include a beverage. That makes it not breakfast." He said "I'm getting coffee at school." I answered. Jason walked in and said "First of all, stop bothering our sister, Jaxon. Second of all, Your school has a coffee machine? And third of all is Taylor single?" "Umm, dude your too old for her. And also I don't know." I answered. "No I'm not, I'm a sophmore and she's in eighth grade, that's only two years." He insisted. Jaxon piped in, "Umm, dude you kinda are. Plus don't bug Jess, she will leave the family after she just joined." "Hey at least it's not like Jenessa and Michael." Jason tried. Oh all of us remember Jenesssa and Michael even though they are no longer a couple, we will remember them forever. It's not a huge age difference, people that are twenty years apart get married. But when my nineteen year old sister brought home her twenty seven year old boyfriend last spring, stuff went down. My mother threw a fit, my dad actually brought out his shotgun. Jenessa and Michael were no longer a couple exactly three days later. Jenessa, now twenty, is dating Tyler who is twenty four, almost twenty five. The twins and I have met him, but Jenessa doesn't let our parents near her boyfriends anymore. "True" I said "let's get going, otherwise we will be late for school. Oh and we have to pick up Taylor on the way." "Okay." Jaxon and Jason said at the same time.

"Driver!" Jason yelled "God dang it! You always get to drive, it's unfair." Jaxon complained "Jaxon, when you call it first you can have it. But until you do so, I will continue to drive." Jason said back in a proper like voice. "Just shut up and drive you guys." I say.

When we get to her house I have to call Taylor to let her know we're there. She comes racing out in stone washed daisy dukes and a hollister shirt. She also has her vintage backpack slung over her shoulder with her Vera Bradley bag in one hand and Starbucks in the other. All while wearing four inch wedges; I don't know how she functions. "Hey guys" she says as she hops in behind Jaxon. "Hi Tay." I say thoughtlessly. "Hello Taylor." Jason says with slight awkwardness, but not enough to be noticed. Jaxon simply yawns without acknowledging her. "Okay, so you know that Junior Cheerleader Valerie Jermain?" "No, this will be my third day of school. I barely know thirty people in our grade." I say back. "Wait" Jaxon says "Is she the really short one with long blond hair with the Georgia accent?" "Yes. So anyways as I was saying she accidentally sent her dirty pictures to her twelve year old brother instead of her boyfriend. So now her parents are making her go to religious boarding school." She finished "Even though I don't know who that is, it's still kind of funny." I say starting to laugh. A minute later we pull up to school.