I frown. "Britt? Why—"

"I'm here! I got something!" she exclaims, making her entrance in a theatrical way, not even on purpose. Her expression is determined and serious, and I narrow my eyes in curiosity, tilting my head.

"I." Sigh. "Got." Click. "Something." Click. "Look up."

We all look up towards the screen as Britt types on her computer. Then, something that reminds me pretty much of the list appears.

My eyes widen. "How did you—"

"I hacked all night." She cracks her fingers, taking a deep breath. "Going through the system, trying to find if however stole the list left anything behind. Turns out that he did, the motherfucker."

She smiles, crossing her arms. I try to resist, but a small smile of my own appears on my lips when I see the results of Britt's work.

Britt notices, obviously. She raises her eyebrows.

"Are you smiling?"

Andrew gasps for the effect. I glare at him, then turn to look at Britt.

"No," I reply, losing my smile.

"Anyway, now you have something," Britt continues, changing the subject. "I couldn't find everything, but all we knew—The Circle, the Bird, Charles Barton—lead me to this."

Mr. Neil smiles and starts to talk, but I don't listen anymore. I narrow my eyes at the first name of the list that Britt succeeded to find back.

Matthew King.

I furrow my eyebrows. I don't recall us trying to find anything about that man.

I clear my throat, glancing at Mr. Neil. "Matthew King. We should start with him, this time."

"We already tried," Nova suddenly says, staring at me, her arms crossed. "There was nothing about him."

I grit my teeth. "No, we did not. I would remember."

She scoffs and gives me a way too confident, arrogant smile. A sudden tension fills the room, and all around us, the agents look in our direction, listening briefly to the conversation. From the corner of my eyes, I notice Brandon taking a step forward, as if ready to step between us if the situation degenerates.

Cute. He wants to defend her.

Don't worry Brandon, I'm not gonna kill her. At least, not today.

"A memory loss. Interesting," she murmurs, raising an eyebrow.

What the fuck?

I take a step towards her, my fists clenched. I don't even know what I'll do next.

Thankfully—I guess—Andrew grabs my arm to stop me and Garry talks.

"That's enough, Agent Miller." His voice is cold. "As for the matter, I don't remember trying to find anything about Matthew King."

She purses her lips but doesn't say anything.

"Miss Leigh," he continues, turning towards Britt who's still wearing a satisfied expression from what just happened. "I want you to find anything about that man and a new location. Until then, you can all take a break."