Interview W/ shelbylw03

1.) How did you find out about Wattpad…?

A couple of years ago, I was looking for books to read, and when I googled ‘free books,’ Wattpad popped up. For a long while, I just had a notepad on my computer with about a page full of URL’s for all my favorite books, but then I finally gave in and created an account, haha. I’ve been hooked ever since :)

2.) Can you relate to any of your stories…?

Hmm, I guess there are certain parts of certain stories that I can relate to, but for the most part, not really. The things that happen in my stories are usually made up, not personal experiences. Although, some of the lines I’ve stolen from conversations between my friends/family and I. 

3.) What are your hobbies…?

Reading and writing, big surprise, huh? Haha. I’ve been addicted to reading since middle school when I finally gave in and read the story I was meant to do a book report on instead of going on sparknotes to get all of my information. I have to say, I’m happy I wasn’t being lazy that day, because reading can be amazing.

4.) Are you more of a reader or writer…?

I’d like to say reader, but here lately, I’ve been doing more writing. I used to read a book a day, but now, I only read one or two a week. Still sounds like a lot, haha, but for me, it’s not. Heck, I haven’t even picked up a book in about a week…

5.) What is your favorite story on Wattpad…?

My favorite that I have read? There are too many to count! Anything by kirsty1000 and makeandoffer are amazing. Echosound writes some amazing stories too, and I just read a really great short story by Arianna_Rodelle. My favorite that I have written? It’s a toss-up between Their Pride and All the Wrong Reasons, although, Targeting the Teacher is quickly becoming one of my favorites. If I had to choose, I guess I would go with Their Pride, just because it has the fantasy aspect that I love so much.

6.) What inspired you to write this story…?

I was scrolling through Wattpad books, looking for something to read, but at that time, I had read so many werewolf books that I was hoping someone would have something different. When all I kept seeing were wolves, the first thought that flew into my head was, “Where’s the cats?” So, I decided to write one myself, but using an animal that wasn’t so common to wattpad, and a personal favorite to me, the leopards :)

7.) Did you ever thing your story would become this popular…?

No. I honestly didn’t think any of my stories would become slightly popular, but to my surprise, a couple of them did pretty well. I still get extremely excited when I see the “New Comment on…” message in my email. I don’t think that will ever where off, haha. No matter how popular/unpopular my works become.

8.) Any messages for your fans…?

Yes! I just want to say thank you for being amazing :) Without y’all the only thing that I would be writing are essays for school, haha. I can honestly say that I’ve met some great people on wattpad who, throughout my writings, has helped be improved tremendously. If it weren’t for my fans who tell me when I’ve mixed things up or pointed out my mistakes, my writing would still be as horrid as it was two years ago! So, a major thanks to all of those who are still fans after all of this time. Also, thanks to those of you who are newer fans! Getting comments and messages from y’all is what keeps me writing when I feel like stopping.

9.) Do you plan to make a career as a writer…?

At this moment, no. I’ve just never thought of it as a career path, never thought I could write a story until I started almost two years ago. So, at this exact moment, I’m going to keep going towards my career goal, and maybe, one day, I’ll improve enough in my writing to publish something :)

10.) What story did you have the most fun writing and why…?

Their Pride and All the Wrong Reasons. When it comes to which I had the most fun writing, I really can’t choose which one, haha. They just both had a set of characters that I loved writing with. They developed so much throughout their stories, and that is one of my favorite things about writing, developing the characters into better people. Some of my characters start off completely selfish, annoying, mean, but they slowly start to form into better people, and I love that about those stories.

11.) Which one of your characters from one of your stories do you resemble the most…?

None of them, to be honest, haha. My characters are too nice to be anything like me. If I all of the sudden wrote in the, honest, blunt, not-so-nice, best friend, then I could say I would resemble one of my characters :)