Epilogue: You Are My Sunshine

Începe de la început

"We have a report we wish to convey," Hannah started, "Lia..." she called as she step out to show Lia.

Lia took a step and stood in front of Steve, "The C.S.I. is shuffling patrol task on all continent, Roland and I were assigned at Asia. We took a break from our station and retired in Japan to eat and take a nap for maybe a few hours..." Lia started, "we stumbled upon a bar in Japan to maybe take a few drinks, but instead we found someone... someone of your team and would contribute big in your quest for victory" Lia said and she stepped out of the way, showing the jet behind her. Steve, Natasha and Rhodes stared at the lowered rampage of the jet, anticipating someone to come out of it.

And someone did! And it was Clint!! Natasha's eyes widened, "Clint!" she said and ran towards him, she threw herself to him and hugged him furiously, "oh Clint! I'm so glad you're alive!" she said hugging him tightly. Clint's face is blank, his expression hard. Grumpy or angry? Steve couldn't tell.

"We found him a drunken mess in Japan, he's so drowned in alcohol that Roland and I need to carry him out," Lia explained and sighed, "The reason he's turned like this is... because his family... turned to ashes right before him, and it brings him nightmares since that day..." she said, "I tried sorting out his thoughts and ease his mind, and that's the best I could reduce him to," she continued, "at first it took me a hard time to convince him to rejoin with you, he uh... he kinda blames you for what happened" she said.

Steve sighed and looked over to Clint, his eyes are fixated nowhere as Natasha ruffles his hair and hugs him again, "it's alright... we blame ourselves for what happened too, we didn't do better," Steve said.

Lia sighed as well, "well I guess you can take him from here, talk him out of his misery and keep comforting him, he needs that," Lia instructed

Steve smiled, "will do, thank you again..." he said extending a hand to her for a handshake.

Lia accepted the handshake, "and Steve..." she called, Steve looked at her, "he wants revenge..." she said.

Steve gave her a determined look, "who doesn't?" he said, voice husky, Lia just nodded and broke their handshake. Steve did the same to the other 3 members mouthing thanks at each handshake.

"Lia...?" a weak voice called. Lia turned to the direction of the call and saw Thor, his eyes bloodshot and his face tear-streaked, he took a few steps closer, "Lia, thank goodness you're okay... I... I'm glad you're okay..." he said weakly. All of them are now looking at Thor, Steve could almost feel the pain from where he stood right now.

Lia pressed her lips together and her face bears no expressions anymore, "and that concludes my report, you can take everything from here," she said, "we're going back to our stations now," she said and walked off first. The other 3 members followed reluctantly.

"Lia!" Thor called again, running after her, "Lia, please stop!" he begged as he kept chasing her, "Lia... please, listen to me!" he said, tears rolling down his eyes again, "Lia... I'm so sorry!" he sobbed. Lia stopped walking and just stood there, her back facing him. Thor gasps for air as he tried to speak, "I'm so sorry... I failed you..." he said in a broken tone, "I failed to protect him, I... I let him die, Lia! I'm so sorry!" he sobbed.

Hannah, Louie and Ezekiel's eyes widened and their jaws dropped after hearing Thor's words, they exchanged glances before looking at Lia who stood still on the ground, "I promised that I will protect him, but instead he protected me! And I just watched! I didn't do anything! I failed you! I failed him!! I'm so sorry!!!" Thor continued between his sobbing, "Lia... I'm so sorry..." he breathed out.

"Lia... are you okay?" Hannah asked, putting a hand on her shoulder.

Lia's face bear no expressions at all; not anger, not sadness, not pain, nothing at all. No one can tell what she really feels, not even her teammates.