The Title

Riley's POV

"Wake up now!" was all I heard as I opened my eyes to tell whoever it was to shut the hell up. It was Lucy and she was yelling at me to come downstairs. I immediately got up in case of an emergency. As I reached the bottom steps, I saw my parents car through the window. I silently cursed myself. What is going on? They are never home and I mean never. I ran straight up upstairs to change my clothes when I saw Alex running around his room doing the same.

"Alex and Riley, we're home!" My parents said in unison.

"Hey, Mom and Dad," I said in my happiest four in the morning voice.
"Where's your brother?" My mom said looking behind me like he would randomly appear.

"Putting on some clothes. Why are you guys home all of a sudden?" I asked clearly wanting them to get the hint.
"We have to wait until your brother gets downstairs." They said annoying me. I already wanted them to go. This must be serious. I am glad Lucy snuck out the back door. Alex came down a few minutes later.

"We just came to talk because our plane leaves in two hours and we haven't been around." They said like we were going to jump up and down and tell them we missed them. Very wrong.

"You sure haven't, but I forgive you both." I said covering up my insult.

"Great! Well I am sorry, but maybe you should've came later because I am going to bed and you wasted your time if you think I give a shit." Alex said as he got up to leave. He has always been bitter with them.

"No, you're not. It's important. Your father and I have decided to separate because we work better as partners not married." My mom said.

"Great, now can I go! Lock the door on your way out!" Alex said. He could care less about our parents and I'm not surprised that he just doesn't care.

"Yes, okay." Mom said clearly wanting a better reaction. She never forced him to do anything. "Mom, let's just watch some T.V until your flight home." I suggested trying to get rid of the bitter feeling surrounding our torn family.

After about 30 minutes every one was sleep until my mom's alarm went off. I waved my parents goodbye and hoped they wouldn't come back. I know it's sad, but that was weird you don't come at 4am and decide to tell your kids you are separating, but my parents were different they just don't think everything through.

I decided to go into Ashton's room because I felt lonely. He was still asleep, so I just got in his bed beside him. I knew he wouldn't mind because anytime they come we always do this. It's just a good comfort and it helps us cope with how awful our parents are.

====================

I woke up around 1 pm and went downstairs to get something to eat. I scoped out our whole kitchen to find something easy to cook. I decided to text Ashton and see what we were doing later.

R: Hey, want to party later! Alex will drive.

A: Yeah, babe

R: :)

I decided to wake Alex up to tell him about the party. "Alex!" I said as I shook him softly. "What?" He groaned like he was two years old.

"I want to go to a party later. Will you drive?" I asked in my sweetest voice.

"Yeah, whatever either get back in bed or get out!" He said with his eyes still closed. Later, that night Lucy and I plus Ashton got into the car and headed to the party. When we got there all we saw was beer everywhere. I decided to grab a cup. I chugged it all the way down. I started walking around when I saw Rick staring at my ass.

"Hey! Thanks for inviting me!" I said as I hugged him his hand slid down to my ass. I quickly pushed it up as he smirked at me.

"No problem. I'm glad you showed up come play with us. The next games Truth or Dare."  He said smiling at me.