Aurora- Chapter 2 [Idiot.]

Idiot is the chapter name, by the way. I'm not calling anyone by that derogatory name. Anyway- enjoy, vote, comment, the works. Makes the butterflies in my tummy do summersaults! WARNING: TERRIBLE update. Beware.

"No."

"Yes."

"NO."

"YES."

I growled, crossing my arms defiantly. "NO. Period."

His mouth tugged into a grin- but his eyes were cold and flat. "Don't forget who pays for your addiction."

I refused to make eye contact- I knew I would shrink under his steely glare.

"And as I recall, you need medication for your insomnia. This is a simple task. The customer asked for his dosage to be hand delivered. I don't see what the issue is."

Of course he didn't. HE didn't have spies sent by housekeeping critically analyzing his every move. If they found out I was drug dealing and dutifully reported back to my parents.. It was hard enough as it was to lose the security that tailed me through the streets and back alleys.

I shifted uneasily, suddenly finding my plain converse extremely interesting. I straightened up, swiping the package from his grasp, mumbling all sorts of obscenities under my breath that would make a sailor blush and cover his ears.

I turned abruptly and walked out.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Where the hell was Pinebrook? This was unfamiliar territory, and it didn't help that two burly agents were following my every move.

I glanced back, and they immediately pretended to act nonchalant, as if they were just taking a stroll.

Honestly. How idiotic did they think I was? First, they'd been taking their "Casual walk" behind me for three miles straight. Second, they were adorned in black from head to toe in the sweltering heat, SS clearly emblazoned on the front of their crisp pressed button-ups.

Deciding to ignore them for the time being, I examined the addresses as I walked along.

Pinebrook, 1435.

Found it. That was surprising, considering I get lost easily. I could be in my house and get lost on the way to the bathroom. That didn't really count, though. Our home was basically three apartment complexes pushed together.

Now to get rid of the idiots. It usually wasn't difficult- although at times I had to use extreme measures to shake them off. Once, I had clambered into a strangers backseat- while he was still driving.

See? Learn your lesson. Lock your car doors.

Except this was a high scale neighborhood, was less traffic. Sighing, I plopped down on the scalding sidewalk, legs crossed indian style. I wasn't budging. I glanced over at them, stretching lazily, showing them I was prepared to wait.

To be technical, they weren't legally allowed to follow me. Father hired them as body guards- but without my consent, it was improper and considered illegal.

The next time I glanced over, they were gone.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I rang the doorbell, impatiently rocking back and forth on my heels. The door opened a hairline crack, and brilliant green orbs stared back at me. "Yes?"

I hesitantly looked around, making sure I wasn't being watched. "I have your order. I'm from S&A."

The hairs on the back of my neck prickled, and sensing a flash of black from the corner of my eye, I slammed into the door.