different

Puck POV

There's something seriously wrong with her. Ever since I got back from my journey with Jacob, Sabrina's been acting strange. She's not as uptight and tough. She seems really delicate and fragile and it's scaring me.

The other day, I accidentally ran into her in the hallway and she said sorry maybe twenty times even after a assured her it was my fault.

Then, yesterday she passed my in the hallway at school and gave me the most adorable smile. My Sabrina doesn't give adorable smiles.

And even a few hours ago, I was just messing around and I tried to hit her with a pillow. She looked so traumatized and scared, like she actually thought I was going to hurt her.

She's not scared of me, is she? I don't really think I've given her a reason to be scared of me.

I quit my stupid overthinking I roll off my trampoline bed. I walk a bit until I reach the end of my room. I twist the doorknob and walk into the hallway.

I didn't even get to leave my room before I was attacked by Sabrina.  She looped her arms around my torso and stuff her head into my chest. 

"Hey," I said pulling her away from me.  "What's wrong?"  She looks up at me and I notice she had been crying.  "I'm sorry," she said.  I frowned.  "For what?" I ask.  "For being like this.  It's just that I missed you so much and I didn't want things to be like how they were," she explained.  "What do you mean?" I ask.  "Like when we were mean to each other.  While you were gone, Puck, I realized you were my best friend, my only friend.  I was scared you didn't feel the same, so instead of being rude, I tried to me nice and it just turned out weird," she finished.

I smiled.  "Is that all?" I ask.  "She nods, but I can tell she's lying.  "What else, Sabrina?" I ask again, scooping her off the floor and throwing her over my shoulder.  She screams as I carry her back into my room.  "Nothing!" she laughs and I set her back down.  "Nothing," she repeats and I sigh. 

So instead of begging her for more answers I swoop down to her short four-foot-eleven level and kiss her.