10: Suiting up

Everyone rushed around putting on their suits, but Pietro, Wanda and I stayed in what we wore. I wore a black jeans, with a black tank top.
"Here kid. You're going to need this so you can talk to us." Tony said handing me an earpiece. I smiled as I took it from his hand, and put it on my ear. He smiled back and started walking away. I smiled to myself as I got ready to leave.
"What are you doing Lizzy?" Pietro asked, sounding concerned.
"I'm preparing to go, Stark just gave me an earpiece-" I said before being cut off by Pietro.
"Your not coming, you're staying here, where it's safe." He said. I looked at him shocked, and angry.
"No, I am coming whether you like it or not. I need to help." I said raising my voice. His face changed into an angry expression.
"I said no, it's going to be dangerous, you are staying, here." He said in a scolding tone.
"Pietro, please. I helped create this mess, I need to help fix it. I want to fight. I want to prove myself. Pietro I can help you all, and you know it. Please." I said softly now. He looked away for a moment then looked back at me, he went down to my level and stared me in the eyes.
"I can't lose you Lizzy. If you got hurt I don't know what I would do. Please, just, stay here." He said in a sad and soft tone. I stared at him for a couple of moments, then I pulled him into a tight hug, he quickly returned the hug, and squeezed me tightly, tears threatened to fall, but I held them back, determined to prove I could fight. When we finally parted i smiled at him.
"Pietro, I want- need to fight. I won't get hurt. Please just let's do this together." He smiled at my words.
"Fine you can come, but you listen to what I say., and when I say it's time to leave, you leave." He said squeezing my hand then pulling me into a tight hug again. When we parted, he stood back up, and turned to a locker, and pulled out a dark purple leather jacket, and handed it to me.
"Here, put it on." He said smiling as the jacket slid up my arms, "perfect, now go find Wanda." I smiled and quickly hugged him, and then I walked to where Wanda stood, she looked out a window staring at the strange man, and Thor. She wore a dark red leather jacket. Once she heard me coming her attention moved to me. She smiled at me and walked towards me.
"Look at you! Are you ready to fight!" She said, pulling me into a hug.
"Yes, I convinced Pietro to let me. I'm ready." I said smiling as I said it.
"Me too. I like your jacket." She said putting her hand on my shoulder.
After all the Avengers were suited up we all got on a Quinjet and took off towards Sokovia. Steve discussed the plan to us, Wanda and I were told to use our abilities to make the people of the town leave, Pietro was to run around warning people of the incoming danger. After the plan was told we all sat in silence. I stood with my brother and sister. I looked at them admiring the strength that radiated off of them. Pietro looked down at me smiled a reassuring smile. He grabbed my and Wanda's hand and squeezed them, Wanda then grabbed mine. We stood there for minutes holding each others hand. I felt safe and happy there in that moment, with the two most important people in my life.
"I love you guys, so, so much." I said quietly.
"I love you too." Pietro said smiling at me. Once we stopped holding hands I fiddled with my necklace, feeling comfort from it. I smiled at the memory of Pietro stealing it for me. I closed my eyes, and took a deep breath preparing myself for the fight to come.