Chapter 11: Lying

I started walking. Where did he take me? Where even was I now? Well, all I knew was that I had no hands and I was stumbling blindly through the snow, trying to find my way home.

Shrub to tree, I was loosing consciousness as I walked through white. And I finally closed my eyes and fell onto the snowy floor on a street.

I saw a figure, red coat and boots that looked really fancy. The figure ran, her blonde hair blowing in the distance.

I tried to get up, but I just fell down again. I crawled out my strength and decided to just wait. Maybe the figure will come back...?

And then I saw flashing lights...

Red... Blue... both blurred. Men in white... machines... and...

.

.

.

~ Time Skip ~

Beep... beep... beep... beep... beep...

I woke up to the sound of a heart monitor, I felt so cold... I was in a hospital. A nurse stood over me, her hair brown and curly, her eyes blue and piercing into my soul. Her red lips were a cherry red... good thing it wasn't blood red or I would have been running out of the building, screaming my head off.

"Oh dear, honey are you ok? Wendy, was it?"

I nodded, unable to speak.

"Okay, that's a start. I'm sure you can't talk right now, but—"

I strained my vocal cords. "I...it's... fine..."

"Oh... alright then. Do you want your visitors to come in?"

"That's... fine."

Then she exited. The first two people came in. My parents... in which I didn't see for a week.

They ran to the hospital bed I laid on and hugged me tightly.

"Oh my goodness, my baby!! Where have you been?! What happened to you?!?!" They cried.

I went with what Kyle said. "I just woke up in the middle of nowhere with bandaged nubs..." I took my new non-hands out from under the covers, which they both examined.

"Oh my god..."

My mom scowled at that (since we were atheists) and they hugged me once again. "We'll get you new hands, mechanical hands! Ok dear...?"

I nodded.

The nurse was waiting. "Ok lovely," my dad said. "We'll go now and see you again in the morning...!" They showered me with hugs and kisses before going.

The next person came in... Bebe!

"Wendy, I'm so so sorry... I'm sorry I—" She stuttered as she got to my bed.

I silenced her by hugging her. "It's ok, it's ok..."

She hugged me back. "But what... what did Kyle DO to you...?"

"Only the hands, nothing else. But he gave me a note saying sorry. He left it with me in the forest, but it's ok now. It's ok."

She let go of me, her time was up. She gave me a last sister-y kiss on the cheek before she left.

Next, Stan ran up to me and hugged me so tight I don't think I could breathe. He put his hands on my shoulders. "Oh my god Wendy! What happened to you?! I was worried sick about you and—"

I put my right nub gently on his lips. "Shush, Stanley. I have something... important tell you. I don't think this is going to work out... ever. We keep falling apart and... I think you should be with Kyle."

I could literally hear his heart fall onto the cold granite floor and see the blue hope in his eyes shatter into dust. A dust that flew away with the wind of a new light. A green light.

"I've seen the signs, I know you like him. You don't have to worry about me, ok? It's fine. I'm better off this way and I've seen almost everything. Don't worry, love." I have his an assuring last kiss on the cheek. He kissed mines back, a soft peck that was sure to break someone's heart as their last. "I love you, but... this is it. Goodbye, Stanley Marsh."

He nodded his head and slowly walked out of the room. The last person appeared.

Kyle.

He walked in front of my bed and took sight of the nubs. He took one nub close to his cheek and closed his eyes, muttering to himself so low I couldn't even hear—a prayer. Not one of those Jewish prayer, a Christian prayer.

He finished and looked up at me with eyes that showed no emotion as he put the stump down. He looked down. But I nodded. We both knew, I had accepted his so called apology. And he walked out.

Those were the last of my visitors. But I refused to eat anything from the nurses, and I slept.

It was a sleep with just pure and utter darkness.

~ Kyle's PoV ~

.May be disturbing.

It's all grief.

I'm done for.

I'm lonely.

I will never get my love to love me back.

I'm such a horrible person.

I can never do anything right.

She accepted my apology, but will he do the same for what I said back then...?

"Shut. The fuck. Up." My heart spoke for me. "You don't even know... you don't even know... and I fucking hate you so much... and love you at the same time..."

He wouldn't. I didn't help him in any way possible.

Maybe I should have drowned at Starks Pond.

I've killed so many people and he didn't know.

And I'm such a mess...

That mess walked through the swinging double doors of the hospital. Seeing only one person on the chairs gave me a heart attack.

I tried to walk past Him, but he grabbed my coat in time. I didn't move.

"Kyle."

"Stan..."

"You can't run away from me like that, we're going to have to make this up somehow."

I stayed silent.

"Look, I'm sorry... for what happened to Wendy and all. And I'm sorry for what you saw at my house."

I muttered, "not even words can describe how much that hurt."

"...I know."

"I'm sorry to... for saying that stuff earlier."

"It's ok Kyle—I forgave you already."

"I..."

"We're going home. You'll stay at my place, dude. Just ask your mom." He pulled me out of the hospital, I didn't resist.

We were hand and hand while we walked.

I guess... that was the start of our relationship.

Words: 1055