Imagine 25 - Break In

You were lying in bed waiting for your husband, Rafael, to get home from work. Suddenly you heard a noise downstairs. You assumed it was your son and ignored it until it became louder and more frequent.

"Max, stop making all that noise. I'm trying to sleep." You yelled down the steps.

You didn't get a response as the noise continued. You became frustrated with what you thought was your son and went downstairs only to be greeted by a masked intruder looking through your things.

He immediately took notice of your presence and grabbed you. You were too in shock to even move or try to defend yourself. All you could do was yell.

"Get out of here! Let me go! Max, call the police!"

All this did was make the intruder more angry. Next thing you remember was everything going black.

Eventually you woke up to the sound of your son trying to wake you up.

"Mom? Wake up. Are you okay?"

Your head was pounding and you felt sore everywhere.

"I-I don't know...did you call the police?"

"Yes and I called dad too. They'll be here soon."

You laid on the floor in pain. Praying that you weren't assaulted while you were unconscious.

When the police and Rafael finally arrived, you couldn't help but cry, still in shock of everything that happened.

"(Y/N), are you okay?" He asked worriedly.

"I don't know. I can barely remember what happened."

"We should get you to the hospital then. You might have a concussion."

A concussion was the least of your worries at this point.

When you got to the hospital, you decided to get a rape kit done just in case.

You became more and more nervous as you waited for the results of your rape kit. You eventually found out they came back positive and broke down. How were you supposed to tell your family what happened?

Soon, two detectives came into your room and asked if they could ask you some questions. You tried to answer them to the best of your ability but could still barely remember anything.

Right as the detectives left, Rafael walked into the room.

"Where's Max? He's okay right?" You asked.

"He's fine, just a little shaken up. He's staying with my mom for the night."

"Also why did svu detectives walk out of here? Did something happen?" He asked again.

You felt your eyes begin to water as you looked the other way.

"Hey (Y/N), look at me. You can trust me. If something happened you need to let me know so we can catch this guy."

You nodded your head in compliance as more tears began to fall.

"Did something happen (Y/N)?"

"Yes..." You said quietly.

You saw the pain on Rafael's face as he pulled you into a hug.

"We'll get through this cariño. I'll make sure that bastard never sees the light of day ever again." He said before kissing your head.

"I promise." He whispered as he hugged you tighter.