Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

Fourth Chapter

"Why do you look so smiley?" Nat asked as we were waiting for Che and Birdie to return with our breakfast

"Just happy," I said and shrugged a shoulder.

"You look like a bloke who hasn't gotten laid in a while, finally got laid."

I smirked a bit and shrugged again.

"You're banging again? So are you feeling better?" Nat asked without any kind of filter.

"I'm feeling better," I just replied, my obvious avoidance of her first question more than enough answer.

"You look better too. Did you have Che shave your head again?"

"Yep. It was getting a little long, wasn't it?"

"It was," Nat agreed and lovingly placed her hand on my head. "Nathan?" She looked a little hesitant as she drew her hand back. A little cautious actually. "Are you going to be okay?"
She was afraid of asking this question. That was obvious.

"Yes," I replied and tried to smile a bit just to assure her that yes, I was going to be okay. I wasn't going to let myself be anything but okay. And Nat deserved more than just me saying yes. "I'm still sifting through all of the memories and stuff, but it's getting easier. When it all came back to me it was just a mess, but now it's slowly falling into place, and it makes me a lot calmer."
Nat widened her eyes a bit at me.

"What?" I asked and scratched my arm, a little nervous I had said something wrong.

"You're just not the kind of person who talks about stuff like this, this openly. Do you think you've changed since getting all of your memories back?"

"I feel different... So maybe? I don't know." I shrugged.

"Well, at least your signature shrug is still there," Nat laughed.

Signature shrug? Did I really shrug that much? I should work on it. Now two people had pointed it out to me, and I should probably listen to the most important people in my life.

"By the way, have you noticed how fine our men look up there?" Nat asked and nodded towards Birdie and Che casually waiting for the food. They did look fine. Both had those ruffled waves of dark brown hair, deep dark eyes and olive skin. High cheekbones, and perfectly symmetrical faces. Of course, Che was a little leaner and smaller than Birdie, but I didn't mind. At all. Next to Birdie I felt like an actual midget, while next to Che I just felt... Small. There is a difference, I promise.

"Hey... Haven't I seen you before?" a girl asked and smiled at me. I swallowed hard and shook my head, trying to kind of hide under the shade of my cap. "Yeah... Did you go to St Mary's High School?"

Nat slipped off her chair and went for Birdie and Che, while I just sat there and shook my head like an idiot.

"Did you go to the University of Milwaukee?"