storm

words: 396
-
Pietro felt sick when he saw the dark clouds.

"I believe a storm is on the way." Thor said from the couch in the Avenger's common room.

"Is there any way you can make it go away?" Pietro asked, nibbling on his nail as Clint and Natasha bickered over what movie they should watch.

Thor shook his head. "I do not control Mother Nature."

"You send bolts of lightning raining down on anyone who pisses you off." Tony said, with a raised eyebrow.

"That's different."

Pietro drew his knees up to his chest as Clint finally gave up and Natasha cheered her victory and put her movie in.

The first rumble of thunder made Pietro shiver, which made Clint look at him with concern.

"Are you cold? Do you need a blanket?" The archer asked.

Pietro shook his head quickly. "I am fine." He assured his boyfriend, who didn't look convinced.

Wanda gave him a concerned look.

He thought about going over to cuddle with Clint but decided against it. It would take long for the other to guess something was off.

Luckily Wanda sensed his distress and excused herself from Natasha's side and walked over to lean against him, rubbing soothing circles into his hand.

Somehow, he made it through most of the storm, Wanda quietly kept assuring him it wasn't a bad storm, even if the thunder was quite loud, and the wind was atrocious.

Pietro probably would of been able to last through the whole movie, if it hadn't been for the loud crack of thunder that erupted right as the power cut. He was up and in his room in a flash, diving under the blankets. He pulled his knees to his chest and tried to catch his breath.

A few minutes later, he heard the door open and Clint called his name. Pietro let out a pitiful whine as the thunder rumbled outside.

Clint crawled into the bed and wrapped his arms around the younger man. "You're afraid of storms." He said.

It sounded more like a statement than a question, and Pietro nodded his head. To his surprise Clint didn't say anything else, just placed a kiss on his cheek and kept his back tight against his chest, linking their fingers.

They laid like that as the thunder rumbled outside. And Pietro had never felt safer.

(via: tumblr)